Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rewrite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your rewrite is hereby approved by me and stamped **BAM!** as satisfactory and entertaining. Now we just need the next chapter eh?!? Very Happy

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat squirrel wrote:
Your rewrite is hereby approved by me and stamped **BAM!** as satisfactory and entertaining.

yay!

Fat squirrel wrote:
Now we just need the next chapter eh?!? Very Happy

workin on it...
Insufferable

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Finally Reply with quote

Well, figured this would be a nice introductory post.

After having enjoyed TMiL for a while now, I finally found the time to go back and check out the massive rewrite that had been taunting me on the front page for quite a while. All I can say is WOW! Shocked

You can actually see Horse's way of thinking change as his journey lengthens. His black/white views of the world melting away as the borders between "Good" and "Evil" become less distinct, everything seeming significantly more gray. Although I had been reading, powered by coffee, for many hours straight, I couldn't help smiling throughout the entire final chapter of book one. Guess this means i'll have to wait for updates like everyone else Sad

Very Happy Keep up the great work! Very Happy
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, thanks so much! Having just pulled two 2:30 AM nights reading Harry Potter, I know the feeling, and I'm honored that my little story elicited it. As for updates - soon, soon...
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
I, thanks so much! Having just pulled two 2:30 AM nights reading Harry Potter, I know the feeling, and I'm honored that my little story elicited it. As for updates - soon, soon...

I know what you're going through, Alb Wink. My mum sneaked the seventh book into the house and now three of us are going through long nights to read the entire book. I even took a day out to reread the sixth... ^^

Nevertheless, I still think your story is the most interesting of the two, Alb Wink. (Too many adverbs in HP Sad, too... many... adverbs! Read Joyce, and you'll think someone swallowed them...)
Sabredurid330

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I know what you mean, Am. I was reading through all seven (took a week) and I was like, "Ha, I could've swore Am said something about professional writers not using many adverbs but it feels like Rowlings is using them every 3 sentences or so."

And here you are posting about it just as I thought about it.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabredurid330 wrote:
Ha, I know what you mean, Am. I was reading through all seven (took a week) and I was like, "Ha, I could've swore Am said something about professional writers not using many adverbs but it feels like Rowlings is using them every 3 sentences or so."

And here you are posting about it just as I thought about it.

Heh Very Happy. You don't know half how funny the situation is, really Wink.

I'm Dutch, so I've got almost all the other books in Dutch (1-6, only seventh is English) and never really got the opportunity to read them in English. Now that I have, I did notice how copiously J.K. doles them out, but in the Dutch versions I noticed nothing of the sort (I have the weird attitude of translating Dutch text into English again if it was translated otherwise, to at least don't feel cheated out of linguistic jokes by the translator ^^) and I always though that the adverbs used by the translator were just to improve the Dutch version (because we have a good language to use adverbs: they look and sound like adjectives so people don't notice them and they're more easily put in a fluid sentence) and here I'm reading the real English thing, and I see how many she uses Very Happy.

What in Dutch would be considered good penmanship, is bad penmanship for the English Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: