Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XVII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabredurid330

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought the same thing about Scourge ressurected undead. Obviously, Forsaken are a different story with their means of ressurection, but I thought that when the scourge ressurected something, it had no will or thought of its own, and hence, no soul.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think that the soul is still there, it just has no control and is forced to watch what its body does.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it depends on how long the corpse has been dead. Take, for instance, Sylvanas. She was reanimated right after death and ended up having a will of her own in the end. The skeletons that are just that, animated skeletons and are pure bone however, have had time to rot away all their flesh and the soul with it. Ever notice how the more flesh something has, the more of a soul you seem to think it posesses?

That's just right off the top of my head as it comes, and doesn't really make much sense to me, but that's my ideas.
Saranus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the deal with Sylvanas and the Forsaken was that they were mindless, soulless minions of the Scourge, but somehow their spirits were returned to their reanimated bodies when the Lich King lost control over them.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
I thought the deal with Sylvanas and the Forsaken was that they were mindless, soulless minions of the Scourge, but somehow their spirits were returned to their reanimated bodies when the Lich King lost control over them.

that's been my interpretation.
Farsider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backstory of Naxxramas which is on the Blizz official site suggests that even the zombie minions of the Scourge retain their "soul" or at least their consciousness, and have free and independent though even when they are completely under the control of the Lich King. A newly-risen zombie woman was heard crying and moaning in sadness and dispair when the Lich King ordered her to kill and eat her husband. Several of the WCIII:TFT missions also heavily hint that even the Scourgelings retain their memories and personalities to the point that Arthas himself was worried when he came across a group of undead, and didn't know if they had CHOSEN to be loyal to the Lich King or to rebel against him.

It's been my interpretation that the thing that sets the Forsaken apart from the Scourge is that they don't hear the Lich King's voice in their head and don't have any compulsion to follow his orders anymore.

Just my .02

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsider wrote:
The backstory of Naxxramas which is on the Blizz official site suggests that even the zombie minions of the Scourge retain their "soul" or at least their consciousness, and have free and independent though even when they are completely under the control of the Lich King. A newly-risen zombie woman was heard crying and moaning in sadness and dispair when the Lich King ordered her to kill and eat her husband. Several of the WCIII:TFT missions also heavily hint that even the Scourgelings retain their memories and personalities to the point that Arthas himself was worried when he came across a group of undead, and didn't know if they had CHOSEN to be loyal to the Lich King or to rebel against him.

It's been my interpretation that the thing that sets the Forsaken apart from the Scourge is that they don't hear the Lich King's voice in their head and don't have any compulsion to follow his orders anymore.

Just my .02

If the loremaster says it, it must be true!

Since my statement caused this little ripple in the thread, I'll state it more fiercely: Undead have souls too! The poor souls Sad.
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsider wrote:

Just my .02

To use the TMiL way to say it, the Forsaken are different from the Scourge only in that they cut the little string in the back of their heads Razz. Sylvanas was somewhat of a special case, though. She seemed to have more of a will and almost complete control over her actions and thoughts. This is probably because he brain hadn't rotted away yet...
The Dark Canuck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsider wrote:

Just my .02

That's my interpretation as well. Essentially, the Lich King's slaves can "choose" to follow the King's orders, but not to disobey those orders. Thus, it remains possible for him to maintain "individuals" in his hordes so long as they are following his will. Also, remember that at least a sizable minority of the Undead are willing servants of the Lich King-the Cult of the Damned was not small even before his armies showed up. The Forsaken (and the armies of the three Dreadlords) broke free of the Lich King's control after Illidan weakened him in WCIII TFT, and the survivors have been free since.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cult of the Damned members arn't undead in WoW. They're just evil humans hanging out with the scourge.

Ulkarr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were in WC3 aswell.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought you folks'd like to know that I sat down tonight for the first time in a long time and cranked out a couple good pages of story. I'm gonna push on through the rest of the chapter before I post, but that'll hopefully be tomorrow or Thursday. Life is still too crazy to go back to weekly posting right away, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm back to the grindstone!
Farsider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I'll have an extra desert for you tonight to celebrate. For you. The desert. I'll just be eating it. Y'know, since I can't really email it to you. I'll imagine that you are enjoying it while I'm eating.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, some good news. Very Happy ......I really should write that English essay...

Heloly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....You know, hinting at an update judt around the corner is almost worst than absolute silence. Nw you are just dangling it in front of a noses like the proverbial carrot on a stick.

You cruel SOB. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: