Albatros Bits

Forums

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

H(1) - The Panda Pub
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> World of Murloc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Albatros
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Posts: 2111

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: H(1) - The Panda Pub Reply with quote

The Panda Pub is located south of the Old Main Road in Goldshire. In its five hundred years of existence, it has gone through many incarnations: The King's Head, Garvey's Inn, Brennan's Yard Hotel, Pscino's, and, until twenty years ago, Bransky's Southside Tavern. Now, its dangling sign features a black and white panda bear, with a single word in Pandaren overlaid in gold (accounts differ as to what it means). Commonly known as The Panda Pub, it is owned and operated by the city's only Pandaren. Kegs never arrive in wagons: only barley, wheat, malt and hops, along with burlap sacks marked only with more mysterious pandaren symbols. A faint odor of fermentation wafts out of the basement whenever its locked door is briefly opened, but there is no other evidence to suggest what art goes on to turn the barley and wheat into Storm City's best beer.

Two walls of the Pub's main room make up the bar, and the rest is filled with tables and booths. Dark-colored wood makes up the room's decor, and, at least at the beginning of the day, it is immaculately clean. A fireplace, of course, burns cheerily in the corner.

Players present: (overall and prone to change)
Gatrel, Amalah, Luc'Thas, Khallas, Oshren, Karadur, Scytale

NPCs present: (first post)
The Bartender
Jorgins (a belligerent dwarf)
A Blood Elf with his head on the bar
A man with an eyepatch
The Bartender's nephew, Mikho

Available Adventure threads:
A(1) - Meeting Alexander Bendt


Last edited by Albatros on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:50 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Albatros
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Posts: 2111

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panda Pub - Turn 1

Vincent, Gatrel, Grym, Tyrlin, Razen, Amalah, Sathos, Tellur, Letum, Rakadar, Ashmore, Hellstalker, and Cade have joined H(1) - The Panda Pub.

It's late afternoon on a late fall day. The sun is having trouble keeping its eyes open, and its last rays are streaming brilliantly through the Panda Pub's western windows. Smoke curls through the air from someone's pipe and from the fireplace, where the bartender's young nephew is bent over, stoking a hesitant fire. Several regulars sit at the pub's darkwood tables, and a baker's dozen of adventurers have come in out of the cold.

The bartender looks up from wiping down the counter. He glances at his nephew who immediately starts for the cellar door. Looking back at the newcomers, a wide smile spreads across his face.

"Ah, customers! Welcome. Please sit wherever you like."

[A group action is required. (Go to town guys! This is it!)]


Last edited by Albatros on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Saranus



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Posts: 836

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Go for it you guys. And remember, if you ever absolutely need to say something out of character, make sure to use these niftly parentheses.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Letum



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETUM

Letum steps forward, a man who looks aged, but carries himself with vitality. His ashen skin and thin frame directly contrast the cheeriness of his speech and the sense of energy that every movement carries. He looks across the room at the bartender, fixing him with eyes that glow with life, and then crosses the room in a series of long strides. He stands across the bar from the tender and takes a small bow, closing his eyes and inclining his head. "Thank you for your hospitality. I cannot speak for my companions, but I would like a bowl of crackers, assuming such are available." He pulls out a barstool and takes a seat.


Last edited by Letum on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keltor



Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Posts: 212

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstalker

Hellstalker, a rugged looking human, casts an apraising look at the other new arivals. "Hmmhph" he snorts with derision and mumbles, "Hell if they are companions". He walks determinedly up to the bar, pushing Letum aside with his one arm. Choosing a barstool hopefully as far from the others as possible he orders a stout Panda Beer. Flinging twice the cost of the beer at the bartender Hellstalker asks the bartender in a low husky voice:

"I'm looking for work, I hear you are the one to ask. Aperently these others have heard the same. I would preffer... not working with this group if possible, but work is work."
_________________
Sapphires vie for your attention. She dances. They mean well in their way. The priest says please, "I can't stand my knees and I cant bear her raven tresses caught up in a breeze like this."


Last edited by Keltor on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabredurid330



Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 503

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent

Vincent steps in from the cold air outside the Panda Pub and turns to the bartender.

"Thank you, Sai, Just a mug of tea, if you have it." Vincent says and sits down at a table near a window. He reaches for a pack of cigarrettes hesitantly. He makes to put them back, but after looking at his newly scorched black robe he takes a cigarette from the pack. With a snap of his fingers, a small fireball lights the smoke.

He takes a light drag and sighs. It had been a pretty rough day and there was still more to come. The days had started to slow down lately. Everything had become routine and there was little to look foreward to, presently.

"Man this place is pretty packed," he murmurs to himself. Eleven other guys had showed up here right at opening hour. He looks out the window at the busy streets of the Goldshire district in contemplation. Even as late as it was getting, the traffic outside would compare to rush hour traffic in any other city except Storm City.
_________________
The chapter is closed but the book of my life is far from finished.


Last edited by Sabredurid330 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sathos



Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 63
Location: An asylum. Nice clothes they get there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SATHOS

Sathos sat at a small corner table with a mug of dark ale pulled up in front of him. His eyes slowly traveled along the others, pausing now and again to note small details, sipping in every minute detail. One who wasn't observing this action with more than the usual interest would have missed it, but it happened just the same.

He casually slid his hand under the table and made a small gesture. Then he reached out and took a small sip of his ale. Setting down his mug, he stood and murmored to himself, "Is it the actions that determine the character of the man, or the necessity with which they are done? Who am I to say?"

Sathos walked calmly towards the bar and sat down, brushing against [Hellstalker] on his way. He pardoned himself and waited for the barkeeper.

Edit: Grammar-y
_________________
I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuiness thrives only in the dark. Like celery.
~Aldous Huxley~


Last edited by Sathos on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grym



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRYM

Grym, a sturdy Orc with no memory of anything that happend in his life before a half-hour ago, walks into the Panda Pub. He adjusts his torn leather chestguard he found on the street to cover his mysterious tatto on his back.

He notices the small bar is packed. His eyes twitch a little and he scratches his head and his matted hair, which was still damp from waking up in the Storm City canals.

Grym approaches a bar stool and sits down, trying to blend in. He was thirsty and very tired.

A Dwarf apporaches him from the other end of the bar table.

"What can I do ya' for?"

"Ha-" Grym coughs and rubs his troat to regain his voice. "How...how much is just some water?" It was obvious Grym had no money.

The Dwarf eyes Grym and notices he looked hurt. He gives Grym a small glass of water. "On the 'ouse," he smiles.

Grym drinks the small cup of water, nods at the Dwarf and goes to an empty table in the corner of the bar, where no light is shining in. He puts his head down on the table.
_________________


Last edited by Grym on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saranus



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Posts: 836

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Yeah, I think we should only do one post per character per turn. If it turns out that there is way too much waiting around for the next turn post, then we might make it so turns are once a day instead of every other day.

Letum, I'm afraid you did kind of overstep your authority when you have the bartender bring the crakers. And Grym, same thing, but with the dwarf. This is something I was kind of expecting, and everyone should remember this. In the casual RP thing we did earlier, this would have been ok, but this thing should be much more structured. Just keep in mind that you need to play only your character. I realize this is just the beginning though, so I'll be really leniant for these first few turns.

Also, all of the posts that are made during a single turn are assumed to occur at roughly the same time. In the next turn post, I will respond to all the actions, requests, etc. your characters have made.))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Purple Steve



Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( thanks for letting me join the first turn despite my late entry, however 'Jon' is generally known as 'Cade', as he is on first name terms with very few...))

CADE

A man sits in the far coner of the bar, the shadows obscuring his face and form so the other patrons barely notice him, and well away from the commotion and hubbub raised by his fellow clientele. A casual glance around the bar would easily pass over him, as his features and dress blend into the background of a busy pub- yet something about him raises suspsicion amongst those more learned in the treacherous underworld of Storm City. Perhaps he fits in a little too well, or perhaps the stained leather jerkin and worn brown coat seeem a little too casual for a simple tradesman, but something about his effortless casuality seems almost rehearsed, as though he puts a lot of effort in to his effortless unmemorableness.
Yet despite his seemigly relaxed state, he takes in every detail of his surroundings- every patron of the famous bar is scrutinised, from to the sway of their shoulders as they drink down to the flitting of their eyes as they take in the other occupants of the establisment. Before he even orders his drink the man knows almost as much about the other customers as they know about themselves. Even though he has no need for this knowledge it serves to keep him sharp, a thorough familiarity with his surroundings has kept him alive on many occasions in the past, and he has no intention of letting good habits slide.
Cade listens to the casual banter between the bar staff and patrons with little interest - their affairs are of fleeting importance to him. As one of the most skilled and sought after assassins in the city (even though few even know of his existance, he sees this as another sign of his expertise and adroitness) the affairs of lesser folk hold very little consequence to him, and as he is in such an established position as to be able to choose his contracts as he sees fit- endeavours which may seem life changing and perhaps even epic to some had passed by as holding no interest to him, and yet he had at times in the past put his heart and soul into tasks which some would see as tediously trivial.

((Edit: sorry, i had to change the last sentance, it was just annoying me))
_________________
"People should not be afraid of their Government. The Government should be afraid of their people"


Last edited by Purple Steve on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jocon



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Location: A small blue cube up and to the left.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAKADAR

A khaki skinned orc steps through the door in the wake of the crowd, smaller than most orcs he is dressed in blacks and greys, with a hooded grey coat hanging to his knees and a black strip of leather holding back jaw length hair.

Rakadar grimaces slightly as he takes in the crowd, but even a full house couldn't ruin his mood today.
A rare smile flickers across his face as he takes a stool at the bar, taking a fair sized coinpurse from his coat.
He catches the barkeepers eye and with a nod calls for an ale.
Taking a long draught he looks around the pub, absently scratching a scar on his left arm.
"Lot of newcomers today." He murmers to himself.
Ordering another ale, he leans his small frame back against the bar, casual but studying the patrons closely with golden eyes, listening in to the snatches of conversation that come his way.


Last edited by Jocon on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ulkarr



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Posts: 598
Location: Brisbane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GATREL

Gatrel scurries in to the pub and takes a good look at the bar's customers. His eyes dart around the room, drinking in the stance and attitude of the general crowd,
"It's a full house, excellent." He murmers.
He is a goblin, smaller then most. Smaller even than some gnomes, but strength and size have no bering on his profession. He walks across to the end of the bar, almost bouncing with enthusiasum. He asks the bartender "May I ply my trade here, once again, good Keeper?"
His voice, not high and squeaky, like some would assume but a lower more barritone goblin voice, seemed to waft over the noise of the crowd, bringing many stares from the patrons. He chuckles and thinks Ahhh the normal response to a goblin.... check you coin pouch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gandelle



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Posts: 645

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khallas

Khallas walks into the packed bar slowly with his greyish black robe and hood covering pretty much his entire face. He looks around for a decent seat, a seat to let him get a drink in peace even in this packed place. Khallas scans around and notices a simple barstool up at the main counter that is at least a few seats from some of the other customers. He quickly dismissed the choice of the table since they seemed too crowded. He quietly walks up to the bar and sits down in his chosen barstool. He isn't paying too much attention to his surroundings, though he knows he probably should, this was a new night for him, and all he wanted right now was a drink.
"Barkeep, one drink of whatever you got, please."


Last edited by Gandelle on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
amalah



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Posts: 19
Location: Heinsburg, Germany

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMALAH

A human female in a black robe walks into the bar. She has the hood pulled up to cover her face as much as possable. She carries a staff and a small back pack. She walkes over to a clear table some where near a corner. "A glass of wine will be fine if you can good barkeep." She then reaches in to her bag and pulls out a book. She sets about studing the book while waiting for the glass of wine to arrive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sibane



Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SILAS

Silas slips into the Panda Pub behind a brutish human male that is making a path broad enough a stealthy dwarf can go unnoticed. As the human heads to the bar bulling past people to a far stool, Silas moves to a quite spot near the fireplace to warm up and have a good draft of brew…..or four.
As he moves to the fireplace he motions to the waitress to bring him a brew to wash down the taste of travel and takes in the crowd gathered in the pub. He takes note of who looks like a regular and who looks like they might be traveling too. Noticing a goblin in the crowd Silas unconsciously checks his coin purse. He leaves the hood on his cloak up as he sets his pack down and leans his crossbow on it. As he settles down against the warm stones of the fireplace he pulls a piece of dried meat out of his pack and begins to chew on it while he takes in the bustle around him and waits for his drink.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> World of Murloc All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot moderate your topics in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

 

Art by
A

fansite



© Albatros. All rights reserved.