Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bacchanalia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Chapter XV Reply with quote

Albatros, great story. Been reading for some time now but never had a reason to post (other than to say great story).

Intentional or not the Fight Club refrence at the end gets you major bonus points.

To everyone else... chapter XV /discuss

(disregard the spelling)
Onokos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, now Horse gets revenge for the stuff Fang put him through. Also, it's pretty cool that the Law is now talking directly to him. Though I do have to say ... the Law seems to have one heck of a sense of humor. Razz
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Saranus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
The Sarvavidh

Where have I seen this before? And what is it?
Bacchanalia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about 80% sure it's M's tauren name.
goofydude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He better do all the beating in squirrel form.

Or else.
[TRAUBE]Zedd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i thought this was one hell of a chapter - nice going Birdie-Man, keep up the great work !

and yeah, The Law does seem to have a nice sense of humor Wink
Alebak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its made of good AND win
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacchanalia wrote:
I'm about 80% sure it's M's tauren name.

Albatros wrote:
Suyeta. I looked up at Fang. “This is Old Taurahe,” I said. Fang nodded. “It means ‘Anointed One,’”

Thats M's tauren name. Im gonna keep looking for what Sarvavidh means...
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: I see thing Reply with quote

Hey random things talk to me all the time! I must be part of the law! or maybe im just nuts :p
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I see thing Reply with quote

drakedragon92 wrote:
Hey random things talk to me all the time! I must be part of the law! or maybe im just nuts :p

Really. Maybe the Law's just some crazy selectively contagious disease that makes people halucinate and do things that all turn out to somehow be right in the end. As a side-effect, you can't die!
Kahar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found where we've seen Sarvavidh before - Google is pretty nifty:

http://www.albatrosbits.com/murloc.php?book=Two&chapter=5

Quote:
The whelp screeched. “Oh right,” said the gnome. He pulled a hefty loaf of bread out of a pocket and dropped it in the bag. “Yynyx requests that you kindly stop giving your food away.”

I furrowed my brow in final annoyance. “How do you know everything I’ve been doing?” I said crossly. The Law, of course.

The whelp screeched, and the gnome smiled. “Sarvavidh,” he said keenly.

“What?” I said stupidly.

“Don’t worry about it,” said the gnome. The whelp was silent again. I sighed.

Doesn't really mean much to me though.

(First post, but have been reading The Murloc for a long time now and really enjoy it - great work Albatros!)
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find, Kahar. The word isn't actually that important - for a while I was thinking about how it was kind of silly that the Law calls itself the Law after calling itself the Law in Storm City, so I asked my friend (who studies such things) how you say "That which knows all" in Sanskrit (which at the time was going to be the Law language; it ended up being the Night Elf language instead). My idea is just that it's another word for the Law, and, since in Common it's entirely nonsense, it can be the word for the Law that people who have to be close to the Law but not actually inside the Law (e.g. Matt the Gnome) would know it by. Matt knows that there's something, and he has an obscure name for it, but he knows jack about it. At any rate, for now consider "Sarvavidh" the Law's name for itself. I'll probably throw it around some more later on, because it's fun to say.

Fight Club references are never unintentional. Cool Maybe I'll end the story with Horse holding Rhy's hand and declaring, "You met me at a very interesting time in my life."

Any accusations that the Law has a sense of humor are unfounded: I am the Law, the mover of plots, and I have no sense of humor.
Nikolaus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, come on Alb everyone has some kind of sense of humor, it may not be the funny kind liek most people it could be cruel and scik in the eyes of the world, i guess it is up to you how you see your sense of humor

btw on topic, loved the new post, finally some light on the law's intentions
Saranus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being subtly ironic can also be considered a sense of humor.

in fact, it makes it funnier when it goes over some people's heads.

Also, I don't understand what the Chaos Line is. Or what it means that the Resurrection has apoplyptic questions or whatever.
Kantankeris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the direction this story s going. It's starting to pick up momentum again.

I plugged you in the Penny-Arcade Alliance forums so take a look to see if your hits shoot up at all. We got like 6000 people in total or something crazy, though probably less than 100 post on the boards.

Dark Iron Server
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: