Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XIV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onokos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Albatros updated on time for once. Wink Good job so far, hope to see the second half next week on schedule. Cool
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Saranus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just a nice leather jerkin or some shoulder pads would be good.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be addressing itemization concerns in an upcoming Part. We do want to emphasize, however, that we believe that the heavy reliance on itemization over skill found in many mainstream fan fictions is contrary to our vision for the game. er- story.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody's been reading too many Blizzard posts on the forums....
Kantankeris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
We will be addressing itemization concerns in an upcoming Part. We do want to emphasize, however, that we believe that the heavy reliance on itemization over skill found in many mainstream fan fictions is contrary to our vision for the game. er- story.

Heh

I wasn't referring to him getting geared up in leet epix, but he is part of a club for immortals and he is charged with bringing down the king big-bad on Azeroth. I was just tossing out the idea that perhaps a special weapon, armor or enhancement would be provided by the Law to help him complete his task. They're sharpening his druid skills, it only seems natural that they'd give him any advantage they could, unless weapons/armor are going to be useless and he's better prepared with the raw force of magic.

It is possible that they have it in horse's best interest that he appear to be as non-threatening as possible, which means no special equipment.

Dark Iron Server
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros has his vision for this story. I think that it's best if we just sit back and enjoy the ride. *grabs popcorn*
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Ulkarr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in blue and everything...

Does it really matter what the itemization is? The bigger question is how is the Law going to make horse somone impotant.

Can I have some popcorn too? [/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have some of my popcorn, Ulkarr, I have plenty. I keep some on hand 24/7 in case of emergencies

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Saranus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what they are doing on their special quest. It'll be the first time that Horse and Fang will really hang out together. I wonder if we get to find out Fang's past. I've always wondered why the Law would choose a murloc. Maybe there isn't a reason.
The Dark Canuck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
I wonder what they are doing on their special quest. It'll be the first time that Horse and Fang will really hang out together. I wonder if we get to find out Fang's past. I've always wondered why the Law would choose a murloc. Maybe there isn't a reason.

Well, I'm pretty certain that there is a reason for everything The Law does. However, it may not be anything earth-shattering or profound. Horse wasn't anything special when he was first called to act on the behalf of The Law. He was a potential druid, which seem to be rare in this world, and had the potential to do great things (which The Law may or may not have known at the time). Fang might have already been a powerbroker in Storm City, thus making him useful to The Law. Or he could have been nobody, but he had the potential to become a brilliant powerbroker for The Law, and the potential was seen him, thus The Law made him an agent. He does strike me as someone who has been a member of The Law for a very long time, so if he was a nobody, it would have been a long time ago. I don't think that race really matters to The Law.

I think this should be a QUESTION FOR ALBATROS:
What criteria does The Law have for picking its agents? Does it have some form of foresight (and if so, is this certain?), etc? Why did it know to pick Horse? This is probably unanswerable (for spoiler reasons) at this time, so can you give some hints at least?
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What criteria does The Law have for picking its agents?

The ones that make the best one-liners, character development and plot twists, of course!
Keltor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and they have to be eerily similar to these guys called "blues". These enigmatic characters have base characteristics that agents of the law need to closely mimic. So while there isnt a formal job app with requirements, if people do their research, they can often discover the skills, abilities, and appearances that they need ti imitate in order to get the job
Saranus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wanna see more agents.
Ulkarr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always had a hard time accepting that Fang is a real Murloc. I assume his standing in the law is based around his amazing gifts for persuasion and politics, however.
Waiting on further installments.

Dark Iron Server
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: