Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XIV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Chapter XIV Reply with quote

Nothing linked at the Discuss button so I figured I'd post this. Speculation goes here.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Horse is going back into the Plaguelands. I wonder how much the land has changed since WoW.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Eshara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the chapter! I also just got a chance to read the rest of ch 13, I really liked the reaction to the Wyrm pulling itsef together and flying off.

“You’re kidding,” I said. “For all that, we didn’t even kill one?”

“No,” laughed the dwarf, “it’s a miracle of sorts that you’re alive at all. You don’t kill bone wyrms. They kill you.”

Glad that you're back to writing Alb, hope everything is ok with your friend and all.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... that moon sure has something to do with arcane magic... Let's see how that develops Smile.

Good chapter!
Saranus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that conversation with Rhy and niether of them mentioned Tidus? I was expecting her to ask when Horse talked about Orcmar.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
All that conversation with Rhy and niether of them mentioned Tidus? I was expecting her to ask when Horse talked about Orcmar.

d'oh! I knew I forgot something. Consider it a cursory and unmentioned "Oh did you..." "No, I didn't" exchange in the midst of their dinner conversation.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings up an important point. Horse and the other characters do not exist beyond this story. They do not determine their own actions. They just do whatever Alb says they do, and Alb is merely human(I think. Wink ). Just because he is better at writing than most (seriously, Alb, have you considered talking to Blizz about publishing this?), does not mean he is above a few mistakes.

............hmmmmmm...........I seem to have diverted this post from it's intended message......

The point is, when the characters do something you don't think they'd do, or don't do something you think they would, mention it to Alb instead of talking about them as if ther're real. (yes, you, Saranus)

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Saranus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really see how it matters. It gets the point across either way.

By the way, are the grubs a reference to that WoW quest where you kill those huge carrion grubs in Eastern Plaguelands for their meat? Strange that I just remembered that. It seems a little obscure.
Ulkarr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now tell the truth, did you get the idea for arcane magic being linked to the moon from the forum or had you already thought of it?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aid, I appreciate the defense of my hegemony over my characters. I don't mind if people chime in on the forums with what they think should or shouldn't have happened, though, and in this case Saranus was spot on the money - it's absolutely something that Rhy and Horse would have talked about.

Ulkarr wrote:
Now tell the truth, did you get the idea for arcane magic being linked to the moon from the forum or had you already thought of it?

Laughing one little implication and you guys think you have it all figured out...
The Dark Canuck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
Aid, I appreciate the defense of my hegemony over my characters. I don't mind if people chime in on the forums with what they think should or shouldn't have happened, though, and in this case Saranus was spot on the money - it's absolutely something that Rhy and Horse would have talked about.

Ulkarr wrote:

Laughing one little implication and you guys think you have it all figured out...

No problem with using the forum for ideas and inspiration... Just make sure you give us all credit when Blizzard decides to publish this.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dark Canuck wrote:
Albatros wrote:

Ulkarr wrote:

No problem with using the forum for ideas and inspiration... Just make sure you give us all credit when Blizzard decides to publish this.

Motives behind motives? Smile

Go make your own damn story if you want to be in the credits Very Happy.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels within wheels within wheels baby. The moon obviously does something more than make it easier to tap into the flow of arcane magic, we'll have to think on that.
Kantankeris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the story's about to have a nice upswing of tempo again.

Now this is just an idle curiosity but do you think horse will get any special gear to help him with his quests? I mean, a lot relies on the guy and he doesn't seem to have a single notable piece of equipment on him, besides the sealion pendant of course.

At some point I expect him to get some epic weapon or armor, I don't really see how he intends to take on evil when he's so obviously vulnerable.

Just a thought.

Dark Iron Server
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yea, if this was regular WoW he'd better be getting some nice epix from these 'quests', but I have a feeling that in the Murloc universe, itemization isn't such a problem. He maybe could get some cool staff from Rhy as a parting gift, but that's an idea off the very tippy top of my head and I don't really see a reason to implement it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: