Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exodus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His death basically signified Horse's inability to go against The Law, and made Horse hate what The Law was doing with him all the more.
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo! I'm stilll here. Good chapter, bird-man, although I think the plot might be chugging along just a tad slowly. I'm assuming Madoran is alive, but we don't know for sure yet, and there were really only two plot points in the chapter (Rayn and Ordinn)...but still well written. I'm assuming things will really get rolling soon, so I won't dock ya' for the slightly slow moving plot here. Keep it up.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post for part 2!

Now with that out of the way, a nice job. Compelling, gave me shivers. I liked that Ordin just gave him enough information to keep stringing horse along. I'm still not sure about this whole Horse is part of the Law thing. I don't think everything is as it appears.

If the Law want to control Horse, they know the only way they can do that now is to make him believe that he is one of them. I think something is going to happen to Ajax and that will make it very real to him that he is in fact not a member of the Law.

Shocked Oops. Gotta keep those predictions in my head...
Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex already posted a separate thread for part 2. Please stand clear of the doors. Wink
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
Ex already posted a separate thread for part 2. Please stand clear of the doors. Wink

yeah, but I'm still linking to this one. Wink I think I like having one thread per chapter better, though it's purely for clerical reasons (so the "discuss chapter" link at the end of back chapters links to a useful place). Sorry Ex!
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I go by the links. Thus why I didn't post for so long on the early Chapter 18 or 19 post.

So, yeah. That's it.
agaliedoda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, if this is the 2nd Scourge invasion, then what's that whole Expansion set all about? I figured THAT would be the 2nd. Oh, sorry for being rude, Hi all.
Saranus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Sylvanas and company will make of Horse. Do they know he was complicit with the Argent Dawn now since they didn't the first time he was there? Think of it from their perspective. Some random bull comes to Undercity and minutes later all hell breaks loose. The Black Book dissapears and Katy M and Fang spirit Horse away. Next thing they know, the moon is exploding and Varimathras is back. Then, months later, the same bull comes flying in on an exotic flying stag-raven thing and falls right in with Ordinn.

How could they not suspect that Horse is important? I'm also wondering how Fang, M and Ordinn are in cahoots with the Undercity crowd. How did they gain their trust and convince everyone that they were so important?
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agaliedoda wrote:
Uhm, if this is the 2nd Scourge invasion, then what's that whole Expansion set all about? I figured THAT would be the 2nd. Oh, sorry for being rude, Hi all.

Welcome. You're talking about the expansion to WC3 right? TFT? Because the original WC3 was an invasion of the burning legion (demons) if I remember right, and the scourge were only a part of that. I might not remember that right, but even so, the expansion pack is just that, an expansion on the first so, the first WC3 didn't finish the scourge invasion, it was only the start of it.

Once again, welcome. Enjoy your stay and we have complementary fans at the front desk.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep in mind that warcraft lore was only set in stone up to the point where albatros started writing the story. any additions/changes blizzard made are completely irrelevant to the story unless the great bird decides to make it so. basically, if blizzard announced tomorrow that there are eight more wars coming up, albatros can choose whether or not to accept that into his story. if blizzard announces that teldrassil has finally collapsed and the NEs are forced into having their new starting area in winterspring with all the level 55+ mobs, it's all up to albatros if he wants to shove that into his story somehow. so, you basically have to ignore the entire series of events coming up in the burning crusade expansion, as well as any patches that are released.
Saranus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know why Madoran is uncooperative with the War Council. My first guess would be that he is loyal to the Argent Dawn and is mad that everyone let the book get away.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
I want to know why Madoran is uncooperative with the War Council.
Maybe he's having trouble getting over his "undead are all evil" prejudice, and doesn't feel like working with them.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
I want to know why Madoran is uncooperative with the War Council. My first guess would be that he is loyal to the Argent Dawn and is mad that everyone let the book get away.

Or maybe he's starting to get a little suspicious abiut the whole scenario. I mean, I bet he doesn't know about the Law, but he might be sharp enough to realize that there's something going on behind the scenes...naaaah
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
Start with chapter 24 of part 4 of book 1 if you're pressed for time.

But seriously, the story isn't magically terrible the second time you read it. I read it again, intact without a several month break between books, and remembering them is a lot easier that way.

Read it again from the beginning and you'll pick up on stuff you missed the first time.

And Rayn is important I've realized. He didn't have to play a huge role in Horse's life and the progress of the story to make his death significant. I think he represents Horse's outward manifestation of his nagging guilt about following the Law's orders. It seems to be one of the major conflicts of this story that he finds himself torn between what's more important to him: chasing an intangible goal that's supposed to save the world, or helping people in the moment who need it when he is able to help them. When Horse contemplates the costs of what the Law is doing, Rayn is among the forefront.

In light of the new chapter, a whole new dimension is added to this. Rayn is now back in the picture, and Horse's crisis of faith in the Law may slowly begin to be rectified.

Sorry if it's kind of rambling... look at the time..so...tired.

I never got around to replying to this - Saranus, that was a really good, spot-on analysis of Rayn's place in the story. Thanks for the bit about Book One as well, I'm glad it stands up to rereading. Since the story's back in Lordaeron and referencing a ton of stuff from Book One, you guys should go back and have a reread if you have some time to kill.

I'm slowly and haltingly working on a significant rewrite of Book One, which I'm also going to release as a PDF in case anyone wants to take it with them somewhere. More information on that in weeks or months when I have time to do anything ever... Smile
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep around the original though, for all of us purists.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: