Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally not worth the upkeep. Can we trade him for a better player? I'm sure we could get something for an ex-paladin/priest undead thing right?

I have to agree, the silver hand segment was very quick and made differentiating the characters therein much more difficult. We had warlocks, a goblin, and a group of people coming and going like crazy with sporadic deaths in between.

Sorry, Albatros, but while Rayn makes the story connect and work, I don't think anyone is going to use the "A" word to describe him. I still don't get why the silver hand guys just don't smash his face in with a warhammer to put him to his eternal rest. A Zombie is a Zombie is a Zombie.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote for a full-blown shadow priest. like a crazy one. like, "BAM YOUR MIND'S IN PIECES BIYAAATTCCHHHH!!!!~~~~" or "MELT YO FIZACEEEE!!!!~~~~~"
i need WoW...
Amaunator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaramoosh wrote:
Totally not worth the upkeep. Can we trade him for a better player? I'm sure we could get something for an ex-paladin/priest undead thing right?

I have to agree, the silver hand segment was very quick and made differentiating the characters therein much more difficult. We had warlocks, a goblin, and a group of people coming and going like crazy with sporadic deaths in between.

Sorry, Albatros, but while Rayn makes the story connect and work, I don't think anyone is going to use the "A" word to describe him. I still don't get why the silver hand guys just don't smash his face in with a warhammer to put him to his eternal rest. A Zombie is a Zombie is a Zombie.

Didn't he have a girlfriend in the Hand?

If so, she's more than likely trying together with Rayn to bridge the distance between life and undeath.

Last edited by Amaunator on Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cangjku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have access to a comp Slash I would suggest trying to get onto the test realm. Then we would know for certain you don't need an active accoun

As for Rayn, I can't say much. He always struck me as a secondary character and I can't honestly even remember what the circumstances of his death were. Am I suprised he came back, no does it strike me as a big deal he did, no, can I still be proven wrong, yes. The chapter was excelent reguardless, i am not sure I ever said so or not.

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cangjku wrote:
If you have access to a comp Slash I would suggest trying to get onto the test realm. Then we would know for certain you don't need an active accoun

As for Rayn, I can't say much. He always struck me as a secondary character and I can't honestly even remember what the circumstances of his death were. Am I suprised he came back, no does it strike me as a big deal he did, no, can I still be proven wrong, yes. The chapter was excelent reguardless, i am not sure I ever said so or not.

Wasn't he the one who got his soul sucked out by the warlocks?
Saranus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just reread the story and he got killed by the warlocks.

But wait a minute... Didn't they steal his soul? How can he be walking around, talking and thinking?

Unfortunately, I think he was killed off before there was really any emotional attachment. At least for me, anyway. He was still a cool character, though.

It also didn't help that its been like 9 months since anyone read that part of the story.
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

There, you happy? Laughing Well, I re-read parts of the story that included Rayn. He is awesome in his own right. You just ... killed him off a little too quickly. Sad
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
hederahelix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked having Rayn back. I'd like Madoran back too, if that's in the works. Does Horse know HE can heal yet? Is that on his list of vital things to learn? Keep up the good work.
Velynth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally, I really liked having Rayn back in the story. I was surprised when he died cause he seemed too... I don't know... innocent I guess is the word. But, now that he's back (forgive me for any and all redundancies; I'm a lurker who is absolutely enamoured with this story; amazing job Albatross, but I rarely have the time/vindictive opinionatedness to post/read on the forums) I feel that he's going to be another vehicle for taking the forsaken from the status of poor souls who got shafted and have regained their freedom; poor souls to whom one must be nice no matter how creepy they are because they are - technically - sentient beings to the elevated status of true people, citizens of Azeroth like everyone else; only with a slight handicap. Maybe my bleeding-heart idealistic, slightly naive nature is shining through here, but I have had a sneaking suspicion about this since the introduction of the Forsaken much earlier on; and it ties in nicely with the whole pan-sentient crusade thing that Horse seems to be second-guessing himself into believing.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have you aboard Smile. One more soul craving literary redemption in this stew of letters and words!

I hope you'll enjoy the ride Wink.

And yes, what Saranus and Onokos said: We didn't really get to know him Smile.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we really need a stable forsaken character, imo. sure, we've seen Rhy a few times (i think that's how her name) but it was only for a little bit at the beginning and then a medium-length area during the battle for UC. we should see her more!
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately, give us more Rhy mage-blasting powers, under the excuse that she needs revenge for what the scourge did to her home and such. You can pull it off easily!
Mo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Wha...? Reply with quote

Ok who the heck is Rayn? Some silverhand guy thing. I know most of them died. I recognize the name but not enough to put him into a "This Person Is Important To The Story" spot. And who is Madoran the elf or the dwarf!? And whoever he was he DIED!? Or is he just missing and if missing why aint horse thought about him yet? Or anyone for that matter... He gets into a battle and a bunch of his "friends/people he has some care for" are fighting with him...and when he wakes up hes all "Whats going on" NOT "Are my friends and companions ok?" felt like he kinda shrugged off there non-excistance. Seems a little like that cat he owns, bent on surviving in the NOW and if it aint in your field of vision it dont excist. Little confused on the whole "caring about people" thing he aint got going on...

*Been about "| Million years |" this long since i read that part*
And if im wrong about this whole thing, would somone point it out to me cuz ive been looking for it for around an hour1/2 now trying to find the part where they all died and cant seem to find it : /.

But on the whole Smile Good Story. Keep Writing.
Saranus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with chapter 24 of part 4 of book 1 if you're pressed for time.

But seriously, the story isn't magically terrible the second time you read it. I read it again, intact without a several month break between books, and remembering them is a lot easier that way.

Read it again from the beginning and you'll pick up on stuff you missed the first time.

And Rayn is important I've realized. He didn't have to play a huge role in Horse's life and the progress of the story to make his death significant. I think he represents Horse's outward manifestation of his nagging guilt about following the Law's orders. It seems to be one of the major conflicts of this story that he finds himself torn between what's more important to him: chasing an intangible goal that's supposed to save the world, or helping people in the moment who need it when he is able to help them. When Horse contemplates the costs of what the Law is doing, Rayn is among the forefront.

In light of the new chapter, a whole new dimension is added to this. Rayn is now back in the picture, and Horse's crisis of faith in the Law may slowly begin to be rectified.

Sorry if it's kind of rambling... look at the time..so...tired.
Nikolaus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoran is the dwarf, the king of Ironforge now i believe, but i could be wrong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: