Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alec

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the crw was off in the distance, M couldn't have been that far behind.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Or was that just a red herring, to distract you from the greater truth that Law agents can teleport to eachother?!?!

That was my idea too Smile. The crow seemed too obvious IMHO Rolling Eyes.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the crow is one of the options - the too-easy option. (see chapter one of book two for another crow moment.) I like the other options better.
Onokos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen this before, where the author himself hasn't decided on one of his own plot lines months after he writes about it. You, sir, are one of a kind. Smile
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Amaunator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! It's too easy! And I think you are better than taking the easy way out, Albatros Wink.
Exodus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt he's taking the easy way out, and I'm almost 100% sure he knows what happened to Katy M. Just trust him and wait a few chapters, you'll see.
Onokos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
There are several options for how she survived, and I kind of like all of them. Since it doesn't impact the story much one way or the other, I've decided to shrug and let the speculation continue. Wink

Albatros wrote:
In this case, it's because there are some specific things standing in the way of me making a decision. I'll let everyone know when I decide. Wink

As you can see, even the Great Bird hasn't made up his mind. Of course, he might just be letting us speculate on this to distract us from other, more important plot lines ...
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Course, the crow could easily have been Medivh. He could be the behind the scenes, string puller of the Law. You never know. Very Happy

Since other than Tyrande's bird form, there hasn't been a flying form for a druid since the 3rd war. Which as M said took place around 500 years ago (give or take 200 years).
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
the crow is one of the options - the too-easy option. (see chapter one of book two for another crow moment.) I like the other options better.

But then why was there a crow in a huge mountain range? Confused Ah well, all I know is when I saw that line about the crow, I knew she wasn't dead. As long as it's not some random deus ex machina stuff like "Fang/The Law teleported her to safety!" or "But at the last second, she was caught by the Flash, who just happened to be passing through," then I'm okay with it.

Quote:

Course, the crow could easily have been Medivh. He could be the behind the scenes, string puller of the Law. You never know.

Very possible. In fact, I would venture that the law is Medivh, and that he's just pulled the wool over the agents' eyes by claiming he isn't. His mother (forget her name) could be it as well, but basically I believe that the Law is a person, because the Law is clearly fallable (the whole "freeze Varithwhatever thing). It could even be one of the dragonflights.
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one point in the story where fang says that Medhiv is an agent of The Law, not The Law itself though. If he were The Law, I don't think he'd show himself at all, even as an agent of The Law.

Also, he spoke of Medhiv in the past tense, as in he was an agent of The Law, and isn't any more.
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:

Also, he spoke of Medhiv in the past tense, as in he was an agent of The Law, and isn't any more.

But what about that dream Horse had when he was a kid? The one that told him to run away. The description of the person in it was very similar to Medivh...
Saranus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoran wrote:
I will return for the dedication of that monument one month from today.

I wonder if he fulfilled this promise? I'd venture a guess and say that it has been at least a month since the Battle at Ironforge.
Saranus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ It's definitely been more than a month. It's been many months. ^^^

A question.. After the current Part is completed, will you launch straight into Part 3, or will there perhaps be more Orcmar Shorts? Or are the Orcmar Shorts done?

You are only allowed to do Shorts if the end of Part 2 is not a severe cliffhanger. Otherwise... INSTANT STORY!! Twisted Evil
Nikolaus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="
His mother (forget her name) could be it as well,quote]

Actually she cant becuase she died after she gave birth to Medivh i belive, that is why he is the last guardian his mother was the only one left before him and now he is gone or dead so there are no more guardians
The Dark Canuck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikolaus wrote:
[quote="
His mother (forget her name) could be it as well,quote]

Actually she cant becuase she died after she gave birth to Medivh i belive, that is why he is the last guardian his mother was the only one left before him and now he is gone or dead so there are no more guardians

Not certain about how official the source is, but this is contradicted by the novel "The Last Guardian." In it, Aegwynn (his mother) is very much alive during Medivh's lifetime. However, the ending of WIII:ROC made it fairly clear (to me, at least)
Now that I've joined the debate anyways, I might as well give my theories on the Law. I don't think we can point a finger at a person, or organisation, and say, "That's the Law." The Law does not exist as we define existance. It may simply be the natural drive of sentient creatures to organise, build civilization, grow and expand in relative security (meaning peace). Thus, the Law may simply be the natural tendancy to work together for the benifit of the group that is present in all sentient civilizations. Of course, this does not explain the longevity of those who join the Law, so there's probably some supernatural influence as well. Perhaps a "God" of sorts, but not one who will take an active role in society, but will rather quietly influence events to its goals. If this is the case, then everyone and everything is an agent of the law-some are just more aware of it and work a little harder to follow its will. Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: