Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saranus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Random Question Reply with quote

When M fell of the gryphon at the Ironforge battle, she didn't die. Short of just for building suspense, why didn't she just join back up wiht them and say, "Hey, I'm a drood, that's what we do." Hmm?

Was it her and Fang's plan for her to abandon Horse at this point. Was the whole battle orchestrated for that purpose. She was driving the gryphon at the point that she fell off, maybe she just jumped off. Somehow, I think that a law agent, battle-hardened for hundreds of years, would not allow themselves to simply fall off of a gryphon.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering this ever since too Very Happy. But I do think that it was orchestrated to give Horse a feeling like he's on his own, which would make him more willing to do whatever it takes, according to how he thinks would be best. That was the test, I think, to see how he'd react to everything thrown at him from that point onwards. Another reason might be that M just got tired of his questions Wink.
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the Belgian's first reason. I think they needed to see how he would do on his own, and it wasn't like they abandoned him. They just watched from a safe distance, remembering to leave him hints to do things as they planned.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'The Belgian' Laughing! The multi-stomached bull said something Wink!

And there's no need for even mentioning the second reason Wink.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question of whether the whole thing was orchestrated, or was instead a contingency plan crafted by the Law after M's unforseen fall, is already contentious behind the scenes, and that contention is going to surface at some point. (Bonus points for anyone that can figure out who's involved in said contention, with references.) At any rate, the look of panic on M's face was genuine.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Hyppogryph saved her? Smile Or did she just turn Raven or something when she was out of sight? Smile
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaunator wrote:
Maybe the Hyppogryph saved her? Smile Or did she just turn Raven or something when she was out of sight? Smile

There are several options for how she survived, and I kind of like all of them. Since it doesn't impact the story much one way or the other, I've decided to shrug and let the speculation continue. Wink
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arr matey! That be cruel!

You're just going to leech off our imagination, I'm sure Wink.
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe she's just immune to fall damage! Wouldn't that be cool....
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad M's not a mage, they could easily get out of a jam like that. And I like to say "the Belgian" simply because I get tired of copy/paste "Amaunator." And I had one stomach like every other human being last time I checked. Wink

And Great Bird ... why do you torture your subjects so?
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:

In this case, it's because there are some specific things standing in the way of me making a decision. I'll let everyone know when I decide. Wink
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
Too bad M's not a mage, they could easily get out of a jam like that. And I like to say "the Belgian" simply because I get tired of copy/paste "Amaunator." And I had one stomach like every other human being last time I checked. Wink

On other forums, in IRC and on MSN, people who know me as Amaunator (in one forum even AMAUNATOR_THE_REVEALER (I swear I didn't enter it like that when I registered Sad), they call me Ammy Wink. 2 m's!! Should I bestow the honour of using it on you, Onokos? What do you think? Wink

Oh well, we've been waiting for so long already, albatros, we can wait a little longer I guess Very Happy. I still have to wait for many other story updates from many other stories, so I will keep browsing your way anytime I check the other ones too Smile. Hail to bookmarks!
Saranus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think that she was that lone crow flapping in the mist below.

And the contention? Gotta be between Fang and someone else. I'm reading through the story again, so maybe I'll find out.
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how she survived:

Quote:
Directly behind us, there was a sickening thud. A griffin squawked. I turned around. Katy Mís bird had lurched backwards, out over the green misty abyss, and was struggling to beat its wings. A wound, a red gash, formed and grew on the griffinís neck. M had a look of panic on her face, pulling at the reins. The beast thrashed its head back once, and went limp.

And then they were gone, rag dolls off the edge of the world...

...The world below us was empty, except for a lone crow flapping off in the distance.

Bird form, foo'.
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or was that just a red herring, to distract you from the greater truth that Law agents can teleport to eachother?!?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: