Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Chapter XI Reply with quote

WOHOOOO!! SQUIRRELS! I hope there's more about that. By the way, is this new found addiction to flying going to lead to an obsession with storm crow form?

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
lordmurray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter XI Reply with quote

i want a REAL hippogryph mount... i think i caught the bug also,

also, maybe in his addiction he could have a travel form of a griffin... unable to shake the hind quarters of a horse Very Happy
Saranus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But dont gryphons have the hind quarters of a lion?
Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
But dont gryphons have the hind quarters of a lion?

Yes, but I think lordmurray is creating a unique gryphon.

And it's too bad that I don't have Horse's knack for likeing that kind of stuff. Riding the Rock-N-Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror definitely don't encourage me to ride the really big coasters, quite the opposite actually. The latter, though I didn't find it scary, was definitely not a pleasent ride and you won't probably see me on it again. As for the former ... well, it's definitely become the biggest coaster that I'll consider riding again. I know this is kind of getting off topic, so I'll just say I wish I had nerves of steel (or a lack of self-preservation Wink ).
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, fun stuff. It was kind of a nice break to get something a little more lighthearted and easy to grasp. The Emerald Dream sequence was interesting...I hadn't expected to see it so soon, if that ever really was the Emerald Dream. It could just be a dream about it, but that would be kind of odd.

His "travel form" is likely just to be some kind of normal bird. M's was the standard raven/crow (I'll have to reread the chapter where she "dies" to be sure Wink ), but Tyrande the Younger's was an eagle, so it may be something more unique. I guess that leaves the door wide open...I mean, hell, who knows what Malfurion's is. It could be something ridiculous like a dragon. He is, afterall, a servant of the green dragonflight, which would also explain his apparent immortality sans moonwell water.

Anyway, nice chapter/partial chapter. Way to keep it fun.
goofydude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squirell form ftw, He is gonna shift to that when fighting varimathras and var will be like "O #*%&" and run away like a little girl lost in the supermarket!
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say that Malfurion's bird form is a crow like those that the druids of the talon were, just because in the game at least he's just a bigger version of the normal druids of the talon, with a little different skin set.

On another note, that hippo really goes against what I've been taught about hippos being noble and somewhat stuck up. He seemed freaking crazy, lazy and casual about life.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

things change after a few hundred years... xP
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gan - Tyrande would think it was strange, too, if she found out.

<3 squirrel form! I gotta at least work a reference to that into the story....

Malfurion got his form before the druids started diversifying. Pre-wow, there were Druids of the Blank, where Blank essentially limited what forms you could turn into. Then WoW came along and druids got bear, cat, running cat, and... sea lion?? So that's pretty much shot to hell. Now Horse has a form with hooves, and Tyrande turns into a golden eagle, et cetera. Old druids, though, ones that did most of their training pre-WoW, are pretty much stuck with storm crow as bird form. (if someone finds out that Furion changed into something else, speak now or forever hold my peace!)

/train is right, a lot has indeed changed in 700 years, although the hippogryphs are still fairly arogant and xenophobic. Tamilin is young and brash, and a great lover of life - he's also less xenophobic than average, in part because of his good friendship with Katy M. He's one of my favorite characters currently in the story - nothin gets him down.

Glad you guys are enjoying the light-hearted respite. It should last another week or two. after that... Twisted Evil

Last edited by Albatros on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saranus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not canon by any means, but I always fancied the thought that Malfurion had a stag form. Heck, he has stag horns all the time anyway. Why not?
michellethemit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Yeah,” I said, “there were squirrels. What are you doing here?” I stood and turning towards the magnificent beast.

Turning?

Turned maybe? [[[yup, thanks, fixed it - ed.]]]

But that is a very nice chapter Smile Lightheartedness indeed ftw Very Happy
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Squirrel form would be SO amazing! It could be like a stealth form, for sneaking into places too small to otherwise get to...

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Onokos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Harry Potter (the second one) already did that. But, hey, everybody borrows in the literary world, right?
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote for a train form o.0a

/train ftw?
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a Scroll of Summon City Bus?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: