Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New part of chapter X.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slashtrain wrote:
oh, i can see it now:

Horse: "Hmm... I wonder what will happen if I jump off this cliff down eighty feet into a bed of jagged, razor sharp rocks? I know! I'll go and find out!"

*Jumps*

*Groans of pain*

Katy M: "WTF DID YOU DO NOW!?!? LERN2PLAY NOOB"

Laughing (Funniest joke here ever) Laughing

And I agree with vixor. That resurrection sickness would be 100 times worse than the flu.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great addition. Will post more when I'm more awake.

Also Albatros, I don't think it's November 30th, as the most recent update monitor on the table of contents would suggest it is.
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaramoosh wrote:
Also Albatros, I don't think it's November 30th, as the most recent update monitor on the table of contents would suggest it is.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Nothing major, but it's probably been like that for a while now.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah! that happens when I forget to update the timestamp in my posts. and... it happens a whole lot more than I'd like it to...
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, Great Bird. I didn't notice it myself until Scaramoosh pointed it out. We just like to take things like this onto ourselves so you can concentrate on your life and the story itself. This forum's for more than Aid's blatant impersonation of Brain. Laughing
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sleepy enough that when I came to work and saw November 30th, I said to myself "How long have I been asleep?"
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaramoosh wrote:
I was sleepy enough that when I came to work and saw November 30th, I said to myself "How long have I been asleep?"

Laughing That would be the worst thing, to wake up and realize 5 months have gone by.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
That would be the worst thing, to wake up and realize 5 months have gone by.
Especially considering that it's summer right now.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Gan Xingba

Location: Why do you wanna' know? You lookin' to start somethin'?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's really been a while sine I've been here, which is both good and bad because while I have been missing some good entertainment, I also got the chance to read through most of Book II in one shot. Just so you know: the story still kicks ass. I like what you did to the Night Elves, kind of making them into two seperate races with one immortal but deformed and the others healthy but mortal (though I'm unsure how many "normal" ones you decided to leave).

So far, I like Horse's training. The whole "I hate horns" thing was ammusing. I am, however, curious as to why you decided to include the whole "find the pendant" quest in the story. The story has so far been devoid of any real game elements and has been more realistic, which makes this new "quest" seem fairly out of place. It's not enough to really detract from the story, mind you, but it just caught me by surprise.

At any rate, I'm glad I finally decided to check out the new chapters. Awesome stuff.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Gan!

Gan Xingba wrote:
I am, however, curious as to why you decided to include the whole "find the pendant" quest in the story. The story has so far been devoid of any real game elements and has been more realistic, which makes this new "quest" seem fairly out of place.

Two reasons: one, I needed to get him back to Lordaeron. two... well, think of Dumbo.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way, she's not having him go get BOTH parts of the pendant, and dive for the orb in the Moonglade lake.

He's also from Mulgore so he's probably never seen a seal before, which would make the process of shifting into one darn near impossible. Thus the focus that he will need to retrieve.

Basically, he's going to dive down, find it and realize he still has no way to get back up to the surface. Unlike the game, he doesn't have a hearthstone or the ability to port to Moonglade at will, so he's going to have to do some swimming. Either he shifts into Seal form, or he drowns, should be interesting. That is unless he's taken the time to farm a Hydrocane from the Vicious Fallout in Gnomergan.
Exodus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
two... well, think of Dumbo.

All I remember from dumbo is smartass crows, a mouse, and an elephant with a magic feather. Please, tell me more.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumbo's magic feather was in no way magical at all. It was more of a focus for something that he could do naturally but something his mind wouldn't allow him to accept. Therefore he had to believe that his ability was due to some form of magical object. Once he was comfortable, or in a dire situation, it was revealed that the object was not the source of the power, but the ability was inherent in Dumbo from the begining.

This has been another addition of "Scaramoosh explains your childhood movies in a way that crushes their whimsy and your nostalgia in one fel swoop."
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Scaramoosh has hit about half the major plot points for the next couple weeks, he will be writing the story while I go on a vacation. Scaramoosh, get writin'!

Wink j/k
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked The Moosh will now be quiet. Embarassed

Last edited by Scaramoosh on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: