Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New part of chapter X.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: New part of chapter X. Reply with quote

Horns suck! Best part ever, so simple yet so effective. Great addition to the story.

Discuss.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a little typo. On the amulet part in Silverpine, you don't go east; you go west. If you go east you're heading inland. To do the quest you head west.

[[[fixed, thanks - ed.]]]
The Dark Canuck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I really like how you got inside Horse's mind as he attempted the transformations. All in all, an excellent update.
What exactly was the character paradox that caused so many problems earlier? I would like to see exactly how you solved the problem.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't the ship have rotted away by this time? It wasn't exactly in the best condition in WoW.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aidinthel wrote:
Wouldn't the ship have rotted away by this time? It wasn't exactly in the best condition in WoW.

thar be treacherous waters.

you know your dollar is almost up to ours? wrote:
What exactly was the character paradox that caused so many problems earlier? I would like to see exactly how you solved the problem.

It's not actually in the story yet - it will be, though, which means I'm not off the hook yet. It's a pair of philosophies that Horse has to subscribe to which are exactly the opposite of each other, so I have to figure out how to have him balance them without a) going mad and b) having that struggle be his primary character trait, which I don't want it to be. Hint: the first of the two philosophies is his pan-humanism, or his pan-intelligent-species-ism thing.
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He puts humanism in a pan and cooks it?
Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific addition to the story Great Bird. Thar be treacherous philosophies. Wink
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
thar be treacherous waters.
Well, then there might be more than one shipwreck. What if he choses the wrong one?

Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros can't very well kill off the protagonist of the story just when the action is getting good. Wink
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
Albatros can't very well kill off the protagonist of the story just when the action is getting good. Wink
Who are you to say what the bird can and cannot do?

Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be one major plot twist. But I only know of one other story ever made where the protagonist is killed half-way through: Julius Caesar. Of course, the play really centers around Brutus, but who would see a play named after him? Wink

Funny story actually, my fellow classmates back in high school volunteered me to play Mr. Caesar. Never did figure out why they enjoyed my death ...
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
Never did figure out why they enjoyed my death
Did you try asking them?

Onokos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sure, I would just walk up to them and ask them why they liked seeing me die. Actually, I think I know what did it ... a few years beforehand, my class put on a play. I picked the guy with one line, cause I knew stage fright might be a problem. Little did I know my character got shot with a shotgun down the road ...

Point is, he's going to find the right boat. How, and when exactly is up in the air. Shame, though ... he just got there and now he has to go halfway around the world ... I did get ticked when I found out what I had to do for my Druid to get this form.
Saranus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I like how he can do a perfect horse and his name is Horse in every language. Maybe its because he likes running, and horses like running.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
I like it. I like how he can do a perfect horse and his name is Horse in every language. Maybe its because he likes running, and horses like running.

=] I was thinking about it, and it seemed to me that if I were named Horse, I'd spend a lot of time around the age of about ten pretending to be a horse - and when you're ten, I feel like it's a lot easier to put yourself into the headspace of an animal. So he already knew how to be a horse like he knows how to be a bear and a cat now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: