Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They UD women may have glowing eyes, but they sure as hell aren't golden. And even if they were it wouldn't matter, because it only means something if it's a nightelf Razz.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They UD women may have glowing eyes, but they sure as hell aren't golden. And even if they were it wouldn't matter, because it only means something if it's a nightelf Razz.

QFT. Undead sometimes have glowing eyes as part of the manisfestation of the undead curse through the formerly human body. Some can even claim that it is a spark of sentience, rather than that of a mindless ghoul.

Of course no one can quite explain why the glow disappears if the aformentioned undead females, put on a hat.
Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the update. Man, I thought I had a bad memory, and yet Horse forgot Malfurion's name. Laughing Anyway, glad that the writer's block has passed. That can be a real pain to deal with, and I don't even write creatively so I can't imagine how worse it is for you.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're climbing a tree as big as Teldrasil and have Names, History, Magic, and Religion all being bombarded at you at such a rapid rate, I'm fairly sure that some things just won't be retained.
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what, you owe us yet ANOTHER post for THIS friday, seeing as last week's post was exaclty 1 week late. Have fun with that one Razz.

And I hope that you didn't muscle through this by making her say she isn't immortal, I'd be dissapointed if that wasn't part of the big scheme of things and you just didn't know how to explain how she was still graceful.
Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it makes perfect sense that she isn't immortal. She's so intuned to nature that drinking the corrupted water of immortality would amount to hypocrisy, or at least a questionable paradox. While most of the race has fallen from grace, she is one of the few (along with Malfurion and select others) who turned down the easy way out to do what she believed is right. I admire her for essentially choosing suicide over compromising her values. She represents a dying (literally, sadly) breed.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Guess what, you owe us yet ANOTHER post for THIS friday, seeing as last week's post was exaclty 1 week late. Have fun with that one Razz.

And I hope that you didn't muscle through this by making her say she isn't immortal, I'd be dissapointed if that wasn't part of the big scheme of things and you just didn't know how to explain how she was still graceful.

Razz Albatros is going to a show tonight and getting a much-needed mental rest. We'll see how my weekend shapes up writing-wise.

Nah, that wasn't the muscle-through. The big paradox problem that I ran into that caused this whole delay is actually something that you guys haven't seen yet - I removed all references to it in the notes I posted. Because it's big. it's like: hey, these two philosophies are exactly the opposite of each other. now figure out how to throw them into a character and make that dilemma not the character's defining struggle.
Onokos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
... hey, these two philosophies are exactly the opposite of each other. now figure out how to throw them into a character and make that dilemma not the character's defining struggle.

Shocked Wow ... one of the many struggles of fictional writers ...
Saranus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd venture a guess that Malfurion, at least, is still blessed with immortality.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
I'd venture a guess that Malfurion, at least, is still blessed with immortality.

yup. and he's the only immortal one to not get all twisted and ugly.

Onokos wrote:
... of fictional writers ...

I think you mean fiction writers? I'm 100% real. although... with a pen name and a pen-face... and a pen-species.... huh. you know what, I think you're on to something here.
Onokos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
Onokos wrote:
... of fictional writers ...

I think you mean fiction writers? I'm 100% real. although... with a pen name and a pen-face... and a pen-species.... huh. you know what, I think you're on to something here.

Laughing Whoops ... me no speak English good. Laughing
Yeah, I meant fiction writers, but you got the point. And you know what ... my subconcious might have meant exactly that. Wink
hederahelix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Remember the red crystal quest in darkshore? Remember the satyrs in Felwood? Wonder if the corruption, given the centuries between game and murloc time are reason the death and corruption has expanded and lack of "healing" is what is killing everything? Eagerly waiting to see if guesses are close.
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, good point. All that corruption run rampant for centuries and no Night Elves to heal it ... I think that would result in a lot of death and decay.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the venture company clear-cut those areas too.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember there were at least 5 Million heroes running around killing venture company employees, yet they kept respawning. So not even the best-of-the-best could clear out the little buggers. They're like cockroaches and will not be stopped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: