Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onokos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I think I've broken my WoW addiction. MMOs at this point are just not my thing. Casual gamers, like myself, usually struggle with such time-intensive games. Besides, I never really paid for it anyway. I kind of just mooched off my little brother when he wasn't playing. He's not renewing his subscription and I can't find the motivation (as a college student on a hourly wage) to pay Blizzard $15 a month. Besides, I'd have less time to spend here talking to you guys. Wink
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
goofydude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though Orcs and some undead are really the only ugly the horde has, those tauren are sexy sexy sexy, and the trolls are badass too.

The gnomes are butt ugly, and so are some of the dwarves, so i think its all fair.
Cangjku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are truely tired of paying for mmos Onokos might I suggest Anarchy Online. The basic game without any of the expansion packs is 100% free, though you do have to put up with rather annoying bilboards from time to time. The one for that absolutely petheitic looking movie called Slither was particularly annoying.

The game itself isn't near as good as wow, an there are many things that are just plain annoying but it is 5 or 6 years old so that is to be expected.

The upside is that if you decide you don't want to play anymore you don't lose anything except the time.

What were we talking about?

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory is going but I believe it was something about Horse and his war with the diabolical Darnassian Cheese Vendor.
Onokos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guild Wars is free too (no subscription). The point is that I'm stepping back from MMOs for the moment. At least until some of my friends pick up another.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Exodus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guild Wars may be free but it sucks. I tried it, got off it after like, a week of playing it. There's just plain no motivation to do anything, no personalisation and no differentiation within the classes. Everybody's got the same armor and everything, it's pretty dumb. Almost no way to solo either, you always have to find a group.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Almost no way to solo either, you always have to find a group.
Well, that killed any desire I may have had to track down the game.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Onokos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, my options outside of WoW are limited. WoW is the best MMO out now, bar none. The fact that I've grown tired of it simply means that right now MMOs don't fit. I'll have to wait until something new comes out that changes my mind. Until then, it's college/work/Internet/Gunbound/Civ4/TV(World Cup is nice)/etc.
Alec

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could head back to starcraft.
Saranus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
a round, painted portrait of the Tooth himself hanging over the fireplace. It was framed in an ornately carved, golden frame, which on closer inspection appeared to be a dragon holding its own tail.

Fang is an elite mob? Just caught that. Very Happy
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
You could head back to starcraft.

YESSSSSS

COME PLAY STARCRAFT WITH ME!!! AHHH!!!!
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saranus wrote:
Albatros wrote:
a round, painted portrait of the Tooth himself hanging over the fireplace. It was framed in an ornately carved, golden frame, which on closer inspection appeared to be a dragon holding its own tail.

Fang is an elite mob? Just caught that. Very Happy

The only Elite murloc that I'm aware of is the final boss of Wailing Caverns. So take that for what you will.
Sten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is an elite murloc patrolling the westfall beach

edit: hoops my memory failed me, he is not elite but he sure fights like one, plus there is another rare murloc on the same beach with the same skin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slashtrain wrote:
COME PLAY STARCRAFT WITH ME!!! AHHH!!!!

I never really got into playing it online. And I like the game, but you'd probably wipe the floor with me. Wink
Modguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsider wrote:
Scaramoosh wrote:
Quote:
Golden eyes are people who are bound to have an impact on the world, good or bad.

Yeah, I'm suprised by the amount of people who don't know that. I remember an uprising in the beta forums when it was discovered that all night elf male characters had golden eyes. It was deemed lore-breaking and wrong. The DEV's just came out and said that "your character is special and will lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth, so it seems only fitting to us." <cough>Cop Out</cough>

Oh, definately a cop out. If that were the case, then all of the NPC's eyes shouldn't have been gold. Either that, or they want us to believe that the cheese vendor in Astraanar is going to lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth. Perhaps he's destined to discover a tastier kind of brie?

sliced cheese and sliced bread, my friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: