Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dark Canuck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To break temporarily from the story discussion: Did anyone else notice the spelling error on the main page? Albatros, you misspelled "Chapter" as "Chatper."
And now back to story discussion: Does anyone else think it's odd that Horse doesn't recognise the name "Tyrande?" He is obviously familiar with the old stories of Thrall and Cairne, so why wouldn't he recognise the first name of the Night Elf leader who fought with and against them? I think he should have at least understood that it was a female name. Then again, all mention of the Forsaken seems to have disappeared from the planet earlier, and the Night Elves seem to have been equally reclusive, so it is possible that no specific legends of the Night Elves remain. Still, I would think that Horse would have heard legends of the Orc, Human and Night Elven stand on Hyjal, which would necessarily include each of the leaders (Thrall, Jaina, Tyrande and Malfurion). Minor nitpicking, though, and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Mo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Good Job Reply with quote

Dont know if ive ever posted before but I have to log on to tell ya your doing an awsome job. Hope you make more when you finish this. Maybe even turn it into a book *with paper* if thats a thought of possibility for you. Your idea with the races of the world needing a common enemy is also something I belive the real world needs to have. Remeber the attack on the towers? United the americans as one nation again. *albeit a short time -.-* Your idea with the dreadlord coming back uniting the world against the common enemy *scourge* is a great one, and kinda mirrors some things needed in the real world is what I noticed the other day. *if only we could have a common enemy the world could unite against...but not the scouge Zombie=bad day* Hope you keep up the good ideas *insert more compliments here and have a good day Razz*

(I assumed that is the idea you had intended with your writing, hope I understood it correctly.)
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dark Canuck wrote:
Does anyone else think it's odd that Horse doesn't recognise the name "Tyrande?" He is obviously familiar with the old stories of Thrall and Cairne, so why wouldn't he recognise the first name of the Night Elf leader who fought with and against them?

He knows of Thrall and Cairne because he's live in both of thier villiages. He is a Tauren and grew up with stories of the famous Cairne Bloodhoof. Then when he went to Orcmar he became a member of "Thrall's Hand." (Sorry if that's wrong, I'm too tired to look through the shorts.) There he would have heard the stories of their people's (the orcs) leader and the founding of Orcmar at least.

Considering the Night Elves have been reclusive since well before Horse was born, most people figured they had just died out. Therefore who is left to tell the tale's of their ancestors to the young bull? Technically, the Taurens and Night Elves both believe in Elune ( though the Taurens call her by a different name). So no it doesn't surprise me.

It also doesn't surprise me that he thought "Tyrande" was a guy's name. What does surprise me is the he didn't pick up on the "her" and "she" that was mentioned to him, in his questions. They are names based on the phonetics of a language that he is unfamiliar with.
Onokos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsider wrote:
Either that, or they want us to believe that the cheese vendor in Astraanar is going to lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth. Perhaps he's destined to discover a tastier kind of brie?

Laughing Good point. Like I said, only my night elf should have gold eyes. Razz

Mo wrote:
Dont know if ive ever posted before

You did, back on Chapter 6. That's what a profile is for. Wink Oh, and a book would be a good idea. We'll have to wait and see what Albatros thinks about that.

Quote:
“This is the home of Tyrande Cloudstalker,” he said airily. “She will teach you what you have come to learn, Ashva. You will find her ..."

I see what you mean Scaramoosh. He's a little slow on the uptake. Oh, and it's "Thrall's Revenge" by the way.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
Oh, and it's "Thrall's Revenge" by the way.

I was close, but thanks for the clarification.

Onokos wrote:
Farsider wrote:

Either that, or they want us to believe that the cheese vendor in Astraanar is going to lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth. Perhaps he's destined to discover a tastier kind of brie?

Laughing Good point. Like I said, only my night elf should have gold eyes. Razz

How do you know the Astranar Cheese vendor isn't destined for greatness? If I've learned anything in my travels through Stormwind, it's don't mess with the Cheese Vendors. They're like the Mafia of Stormwind. This could be the begining of a rival family. They'll bring thier cheese to the far corners of Azeroth even if that means taking out the Trias Cheese vendors in the process. Then he would be worthy of his golden eyes.

Who are you to rain on his destiny! Mad
Exodus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His cheese is destined to feed an army, thereby defeating all of the scourge and horde and all that good stuff. Except the Orgimmar general goods vendor would totally kick his ass.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, no matter where i go as i level i end up finding tons of Darnassian Bleu

also, i seem to have found Darnassus Kimchi Pie!!!

Night Elves are SOOO korean.

hell, they even sell Hanboks! which were originally only found in moonglade.
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if spreading your products world-wide counts as epic. Otherwise the chairmen of Wal-Mart should have gold eyes too. Laughing
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
I don't know if spreading your products world-wide counts as epic. Otherwise the chairmen of Wal-Mart should have gold eyes too. Laughing

Ah, but there's where you slip my good friend! The chairmen of Wal-Mart aren't spreading anything except Wal-Mart stores, it'd be the chairmen of the things IN the stores (sony is a great example) that would have the golden eyes for using Wal-Mart to spread their great products.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're both forgetting that gold eyes are only night elven characteristics.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metaphorically speaking, of course.
Onokos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony never deserves gold eyes (metaphorically), but that's another discussion altogether.

Anyway, I agree with the cop out sentiment. I think they really are milking all they can out of the lore at its expense. Is nothing sacred anymore?
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it ever? After all, the did MAKE it, it's just an on-going story. All they're doing is going back and editing things so that the story can actually continue instead of falling into a pit. The gold eye things though, yea. That's just dumb.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lore is theirs to forge and reforge at will. If we don't like it well then we can all just stop paying $15 whenever we feel like it. Still here? Yeah, I thought so. So the "lore" you so enjoy, it is nothing but maleable. You want Dranei but don't want them to be ugly? Done. Just fudge the lore a bit here, and add a new island that wasn't there before... and on the seventh day we rest.
Exodus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted the Dreani to be ugly. I wanted the Dreani to be exactly how they were in WCIII. But noooo, they give the Horde a 'pretty' race to attract the nubs and then they should OBVIOUSLY give the Alliance an 'ugly' race to counter-balance it. Plus, those guys are like, 75% chest and 25% everything else. It's pretty gross.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: