Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saranus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except one eagle
Onokos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Druids don't count. Wink
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have been wondering where all the animals went. Tell me they didn't all turn into incredibly disturbing fel critters that seek to shed the night elf blood that has nurtured them througout the millenia.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Farsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if the tree kept growing to the point where its just a tangle of branches covered in suburbs, without the big 'mesa' thing for all the regular-sized trees and plants and animals and lakes and towns to grow on, then I'd imagine that all the critters just fell off once the place where they built their homes disappeared. There simply isn't any room on Teldrassil for them, so they must have either died out from lack of available food, or gotten so crowded together in the few patches of space where critters could live that they ended up pushing each other off the tree. Then again, maybe the tree became so corrupted that they all simply died out.

Of course, the best answer is just to sit down and wait until the bird tells us.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farsider wrote:
Of course, the best answer is just to sit down and wait until the bird tells us.

That's what I keep telling these guys, but they just won't listen. *sigh*
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys realize that we haven't seen the base of the tree yet, we've only seen a small pount of the crown.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to me it seems that this tree is doing the opposite of what Nordrassil did before it. This tree seems to be draining the life out of the world rather than helping replenish it.

The animals would be the first of such casualties. Slowly they would either die out or go mad. The elves were given immortality it seems, but do not seem to have aged gracefully with the exception of Tyrande. Could be that the tree is now forced to take their lives or their lives have been corrupted by the perversion of life that is the tree.

Tyrande is obviously a druid of the talon. Possibly a protege of both Druidism and Elune Worship. That would explain why her animal form is distinctive, but if it were the case it would be bathed in a silverish color not gold. But then again she has what I call the Illidan trait. The golden eyes of those Night Elves destined to do great things, either good or evil.

I think it makes perfect sense that the druid in charge of training Horse, decides to do so at the top of the tree. First, it's a challenge in itself to arrive at the top. Second, if the tree is as corrupted as it seems, then you would want to be at the point where it's effects would be the least. That would be the newest leaves, and branches. Also if my guess is correct, and she is also a priestess of Elune, then she'd want to be as close to the white moon as possible.

... But as I've said before, I could just as easily be reading something into nothing again.
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ, how do you know all this stuff about, if she warshiped Elune she'd be gray, or NEs with golden eyes do big things. I would've never noticed that in all my life!
Estrada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaramoosh wrote:
Tyrande is obviously a druid of the talon. Possibly a protege of both Druidism and Elune Worship. That would explain why her animal form is distinctive, but if it were the case it would be bathed in a silverish color not gold. But then again she has what I call the Illidan trait. The golden eyes of those Night Elves destined to do great things, either good or evil.

Well, i'd agree about the druid of the talon thing, but in wow lore (meaning outside of wc3 units) they make no real distinction about druid of the claw/talon/whatever (if you noticed, all of the druids in the story so far have had bird forms.. M = Raven, Horse's Mentor = Crane(i think) Tyrande = Eagle). Also, if you read "Well of Eternity", priestesses of elune are pretty much devoted to the moon godess, Cenarius wont poach on her territory, so no real duel-role priest/druid chars exists. As for the eye thing, good call. Golden eyes are people who are bound to have an impact on the world, good or bad. Although they changed that in WoW a bit, as all male nightelves have golden eyes. What i'm interested in is why her eyes are still a bright gold, while the other elves have lost thier brilliant silver.. Perhaps because of her link to the earth? Or her link to Cenarius? Is it only the druids who retain thier stature and health?

So many questions, so few answers... guess we'll have to wait for the next installment!

Edit: Also, if the elves have been around for several hundred more years, have they been re-populating? Are there little night elves, and if so are they corrupted as well? Could Tyrande be relatively young and thats why she's not corrupted?
Farsider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Chapter IX, M says that Malfurion is the only night elf not to be twisted and mutated by the tree, and that he lords over the Nelfs from the very tip of the tree (near where Horse is now, it seems) Is Tyrande also uncorrupted/untwisted/unwhatever, or is M wrong, or is she also twisted and just doesn't show it as well...or maybe she's less susceptible to the corruption given that she's a druid and as such should be more in tune with the earth and better able to resist Teldrassil's effects...or maybe I should stop speculating.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I had been wondering the same thing myself. Then I remembered a phrase from the story and went back to find it again:

Quote:
... before me stood a lithe night elf woman, standing proud, only a bit of droop in her ears and only a bit of white in her hair and eyebrows. Her golden robes flowed down about her, perhaps hiding a hunched body ...

According to this description, she is affected like all the other night elves. It's just not as apparent and she hides it well. The fact that she's a druid might help, but we won't know for sure until later.
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, druids can shape-shift into other animals, I don't see why they can't shapeshift into humans Razz. Maybe she really looks like a crabby ol' grandma elf but she changed her appearence somehow to hide the effect.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point with the whole hunching thing. Slipped past me before.

Quote:
Also, if you read "Well of Eternity", priestesses of elune are pretty much devoted to the moon godess, Cenarius wont poach on her territory, so no real duel-role priest/druid chars exists. As for the eye thing, good call. Golden eyes are people who are bound to have an impact on the world, good or bad.

I just got finished reading that a couple of weeks ago, so it was fresh in my mind. And while Cenarius said he wouldn't poach from Elune, it did not mean that he wouldn't teach her anything. He taught Malfurion, Illidan, and Tyrande at least the very basic principles of the ideology. Life is important. I believe that this connection to Kalimdor iteself is one of the many reasons that Tyrande was made High Priestess. She understood both sides of the coin. And if she can have minor training one way, and major training another, who's to say that the next generation couldn't have someone more compatable with doing both in an equal fashion.

Quote:
In Chapter IX, M says that Malfurion is the only night elf not to be twisted and mutated by the tree

Hrm? Does that mean that the Tyrande we are all familar with is no longer of this Azeroth? While not part of any cannon I'm aware of, it is not beyond the realm of possibility, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Golden eyes are people who are bound to have an impact on the world, good or bad.

Yeah, I'm suprised by the amount of people who don't know that. I remember an uprising in the beta forums when it was discovered that all night elf male characters had golden eyes. It was deemed lore-breaking and wrong. The DEV's just came out and said that "your character is special and will lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth, so it seems only fitting to us." <cough>Cop Out</cough>
Onokos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I think it's cool that my night elf has golden eyes. I mean, he was named after Windrunner and Malfurion (Winfurion). But having every night elf with gold eyes kind of waters it down a bit. And it's a tad sexist. So the female night elves aren't going to amount to anything? Wink

Last edited by Onokos on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Farsider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaramoosh wrote:
Quote:
Golden eyes are people who are bound to have an impact on the world, good or bad.

Yeah, I'm suprised by the amount of people who don't know that. I remember an uprising in the beta forums when it was discovered that all night elf male characters had golden eyes. It was deemed lore-breaking and wrong. The DEV's just came out and said that "your character is special and will lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth, so it seems only fitting to us." <cough>Cop Out</cough>

Oh, definately a cop out. If that were the case, then all of the NPC's eyes shouldn't have been gold. Either that, or they want us to believe that the cheese vendor in Astraanar is going to lead sweeping changes throughout Azeroth. Perhaps he's destined to discover a tastier kind of brie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: