Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Life and Fast Times of Durgen Tharlak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Writers' Nest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saranus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He never had this dream while he was sleeping, but he did get conked on the head with a club early on, and he had a vision while he was unconscious.

[[edit: I was wrong up there. Forgot what I jsut wrote. He just realized he has been having these dreams for as long as he can rememember. But before he could never recall them upon waking up. Same thing for the one where he was bonked over the head. He couldnt remember it.

So basically, the only other time in the story you see it is when he gets knocked unconscious by Gurk.]]
Onokos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ... well that makes sense. Just got a little confused when Ex brought it up.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Saranus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There, again, was the fear Durgen had seen before in the mysterious elf's expression.

"Who are you?" Durgen demanded.

"So you are aware of me, now. I thought so," He said, "Many nights have I visited your slumber. Waiting for the time when you would awaken and see me. I have waited a long time."

"I don't know what you mean," said Durgen, "Why are you here?"

The elf cocked his head to the side and squinted his eyes, the lights in them growing dimmer. He shook his head in apparent confusion.

Durgen grew impatient waiting for answers. "What do you want from me? Why can't you just leave me in peace? I want answ-"

The night elf shouted, cutting him off, "Do you not know who you are?"

There was a moment of silence, while Durgen's emotions calmed. Anger devolved into confusion. "Eh.. What? Who I am?"

The elf closed his eyes and nodded. He looked as if he were about to speak, when a brown shape appeared next to him. It's form was fuzzy and indiscernable, but it was growing clearer. Durgen watched as the floating shape slowly became one of the bear-men.

The furbolg placed a heavy paw on the night elf's shoulder, "Leave here. You were not invited, and are therefore unwelcome."

"As are you, Timbermaw," Said the elf.

"True, but I leave as soon as you are gone, and I will talk with him shortly in person, anyway. Such can't be said of you in the top of your tree, druid." The furbolg's reply was terse, but belied a history between the two. "I think your intentions are probably good, but you would do well to stay out of the orc's mind."

"Very well," said the elf grudgingly, "I will go." He looked one last time at Durgen, directly in his eyes, and Durgen wished he could know what lay behind those eyes.

The furbolg turned to Durgen. "I apologize for the intrusion."

Durgen was at a loss for words so he simply shrugged.

The bear looked him straight in the eye. "Wake up," he said, but as he said it he voice changed, growing somehow more substantial. More real.

"Wake up," the voice said again. This time it dawned on Durgen. It was Gurda's voice. Durgen took one last look at the furbolg as he was sucked from the well of sleep. It nodded, then dissapeared.

Last edited by Saranus on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Exodus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! He's got like, crazy-odd dreams and he doesn't even know 'who he is.' This should unfold into something epic.
Onokos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice addition. It certainly adds a little mystery and suspense. Did catch one thing though:

Saranus wrote:
"I think you're intentions are probably good, but you would do well to stay out of the orc's mind."

The "you're" should be "your". Common mistake, just to let you know that the rest is perfect from what I can tell.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Saranus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everybody. Just thought I'd drop in and say that there's more story coming soon. I'm going on a long road trip starting this week and will have lots of free car time to write. For the first time, I've actually organized everything and being stuck in that car, will be forced to do something about it. Which is a good thing, btw Very Happy .

My plan is to actually write the story rather than just randomly sit down and type whatever comes into my mind.

So, here's to hoping I will have written a lot by the time I get back! Wink
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun on your road trip! Last time I was in a car for more than 5 hours I found my gameboy and started playing pokemon.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
Have fun on your road trip! Last time I was in a car for more than 5 hours I found my gameboy and started playing pokemon.

Heh... a friend of mine overlast told me that he too had picked up his GB again and was playing Pokémon again Very Happy. Made me want to play too :p.

Sadly, it seems that my Gold Edition is screwed, because it doesn't save properly anymore, I keep having to make a new game Sad.

Reminds me of the first week I had my PS1 without a Memory Card and quite some games Very Happy. Frustrating but fun!

Have fun on your road trip!
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was exactly the game I was playing, and exactly the same problem I was having! It would save, and sometimes you could turn it off and right back on it would still be there, but it wouldn't stay saved for any longer period of time! I had 5 hours in, then I turned it off to go to the bathroom. Crying or Very sad
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pokemon is a good time killer for me too. I'll need it for my near cross-country flight in August. Wink
Saranus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durgen looked up into Gurda's face. She was crouching over him. He felt clammy. A flicker of worry passed over her features, but she quickly became businesslike.

"They're here," She said.

"Huh -- Who?" said Durgen.

She gestured as she stood, toward the dense forest in the opposite direction from the road. At that exact moment, Durgen heard a heavy shuffling, as if heavy feet were pushing through the layer of fallen leaves.

Durgen's breath caught in his throat as four hulking figures loomed out of the darkness and emerged into the firelight. They were furbolgs.

The tallest rose over eight feet high and was at least four feet broad at the shoulder. He had light brown fur with patterns of firey orange fur intermingled. He wore nothing save for a tattered loincloth hanging loosely about his waist. His eyes were dark and hard as flint. Muscles bulged under every inch of his fur, and three-inch black claws jutted from his massive forepaws.

The other three were a fair bit smaller than the giant, yet still much larger than Durgen. Two of them were around seven and a half feet tall and wore earth-toned clothing. One had dark brown fur and wore a headdress of feathers and beads and carried a gnarled staff. The other was a lighter tan color and carried a pitted sword.

It was the last furbolg that caught Durgen's attention, though. Had he not been hunched over so much, he would have rivaled the giant in height. As he was, however, the hunch of his neck was only around six and a half feet at its apex. Durgen could see that the furbolg was obviously ancient, even having never actually seen furbolgs before. He wore a stained, green travelling cloak of the same earth-tones as the other two and he carried a second gnarled staff from which several feathers and trinkets hung from straps of leather.

The corners of his grizzled muzzle curled upward in an obvious smile and his eyes twinkled at Durgen. It was the very same furbolg from his dream. He knew not just because his eyes recognized the elder bear. Something deeper within told him.

Gurda bowed before them. Durgen, not wanting to offend the bear-men and be torn limb from limb, did the same.

"Enough with the pleasantries," said the elder with the same pleasant growl Durgen remembered from his dream. He chuckled sadly -- a deep rumble from somewhere in his chest, "I haven't done much lately to deserve your bows. But tonight, that will change."

Durgen stared unabashedly at the four bear-men. The furbolg smiled again, "I am Subir, Elder of the Timbermaw furbolg. These are my companions."

He gestured to the furbolg with the dark fur and the staff. "Grull." Then to the tan-furred, sword-wielding furbolg. "Dubu." Finally, he laid a paw on the massive forearm of the giant. "And, Lorso. Our Ursa warrior."

Gurda bowed again. "P-pleasure," said Durgen. He couldn't take his eyes off of Lorso.

"Ah, the pleasure is, of course, absolutely mine," replied Lorso with startling alacrity.
Keltor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t. Been too long since you last posted, and boy is it nice to see some more story. Keep it up
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i first started reading this story i was jus kinda "bleh" but now it's gettin so much better! i cant wait to see what happens to the poor orc... is he gonna be the first orc druid!?
Alec

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god, he's back! and better than ever!
Saranus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's gonna get that spell that teleports him to Moonglade, then he will be automatically be logged out after being AFK too long on the obscenely long flight back to Thunder Bluff. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Writers' Nest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: