Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More of chapter 8 (VIII)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's also a freakin lore master though... anyway, yeah, that thread is where I found out about hipogryps talking from.
Alec

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized this, but in the news post you said it was the "final part of book one," but it's part one right?
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
Just realized this, but in the news post you said it was the "final part of book one," but it's part one right?

Shocked fixed...

it sure was 1:30 in the morning when I posted that
Alec

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to go to sleep young man, it's way past your bedtime!
lordmurray

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reakon the NE all fled to the old world tree, currently you can't get there in warcraft, and bye the looks of things the closest town is the steamweedle town in winter springs, the entrace is the area with the elite demons i beleive!
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scaramoosh wrote:

Hehe... cause cows have four stomachs. Made me laugh...

if you really want to get into, they just have four sections that do the same job as our one stomach. that means they get more nutrients out of what they eat.

they be ruminants >.<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruminant

to summarize: rumen first, basically holds the food, mashes it up, and mixes it with salive. reticulum next, basically does a better job of mashing it up and turning it into a kind of soup thanthe rumen. in one of those two chambers (can't remember which) there are bacteria that break down certain chemicals that cows can't digest and turn them into things cows CAN digest. in the omasum, excess water is reabsorbed into the cattle. the last section, or abomasum, is basically our stomach on crack.

this has been an educational public service by Slashtrain, formerly of Malorne, and before that, Ner'zhul.

back on topic, i somehow doubt Horse and M are going to Moonglade. I'd say somewhere in Darkshore where Horse will learn to heal stuff first.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashenvale anybody? Astranaar is a pretty big city ya know....
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Ashenvale anybody? Astranaar is a pretty big city ya know....

well, ashenvale's been contested so who knows if the night elves managed to keep the orcs at bay. i'd think that the NEs would take Horse a little deeper into their own territory, just to be safe
Onokos

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then that only leaves Auberdine or Teldrassil. Personally, since they've been so reclusive to the point of no one knowing of their existence, I'm gonna have to side with Teldrassil. That place only has one entrance, though it does have 2 other exits (the waterfalls, but you will die a horrible death if you try to get out that way, long story). If the portal was closed, they could seal themselves off from outside contact. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Slashtrain

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote auberdine, myself. it would make sense in my mind.

btw, it's odd what happens when i have no school and no work for a day... i just sit in front of a computer and hit up forums.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onokos wrote:
(the waterfalls, but you will die a horrible death if you try to get out that way, long story).
You are forgetting the pally shield spell.
P.S.-I'm doing the same thing, Slash

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Leviticus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guyz have no idea what teldrasil means do you.....
Saranus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was an ancient at the Grove of the Ancients in Darkshore. Maybe that's where Tyren is. But at gunpoint I would say Hyjal. I think that Teldrassil would be gone at this point in time seeing as how it was already being corrupted like 4 years after it was planted. Now it's been 600. I imagine Teldrassil as a twisted mass of dead tree sticking lopsidedly out of the ocean.

I have a question for you Albatros. Do you think you will factor the information that has come out for the expansion into the story. Like the Draenei and their starting area. It would be kind of hard to do and make it seem natural, but now it seems like they are going to become a large part of the world's history.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah humbug to Blizzard's history, this is ALBATROS' history. Blizzard's stuff was just a base, he's launched already. He could have the Bloodelves and Draenei in constant warfare over stranglethorn vale if he wanted. I say we keep Blizzard's 'official' history out of this and let the story go where it wants and do what it wants for its own sake.
Onokos

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Bah humbug to Blizzard's history, this is ALBATROS' history. Blizzard's stuff was just a base, he's launched already. He could have the Bloodelves and Draenei in constant warfare over stranglethorn vale if he wanted. I say we keep Blizzard's 'official' history out of this and let the story go where it wants and do what it wants for its own sake.

Bravo. Albatros can write to the tune of a different drummer if he wants. Though he will stay within limits. I mean, Blood Elves and Draenei ... fighting over Stranglethorn Vale ... would be a tad weird. Of course, he can break out of those limits if he so wishes, but then it will be less a WoW fanfic and more a fantasy WoW spinoff. If the writing stays good, I couldn't care less.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: