Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book Two, Chapter 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cangjku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doh, I knew I should have read the chapter again before I opened my big mouth. Sure enough the why me part is there I missed it. Truth be told I would probaly have said no right then and there. The Law sad so. I don't think so, i will find a way to not only be a hero but to have a home as well.

This statement was in response to this statement by Abatros,

Quote:
Cang, he does ask why! Very end. He even calls it the most important question. Maybe Fang's response was more convincing in person...

Which was in resoponse to this statment,

Quote:
An interesting chapter as always Albatross. It ties up a few lose ends answers a couple questions. I won't say to much though without rereading it, mostly so I don't make a complete fool out of myself. I do however have one question for you that Horse better get around to asking at some point.

That question is quite simply WHY? The Tooth just told him that he has been watching Horse for years, that the Law wants Horse to join them. My first and formost question would be Why? Instead Horse just runs away again. That calf has so much growing yet to do it is rediculous. He has somehowmanaged to remain almost completely clueless, despite everything he has been through.

Made by me. Basicly I made a fool of myself just as I hoped not to do. sorry for any confusion, I didn't realize there would be so many posts between what I was replying to and what had been said. I am not a big fan of quotes.

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See guys? I'm not the only one!
[TRAUBE]Zedd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome stuff, Birdie-man

i was all itchy yesterday, cause i was just able to read the newspost and had no time for the story itself. great read.

i was a bit surprised by Horseīs "Hero"-thoughts though, it struck me as a little odd, because his wish to save the world, life, universe and everything is imo based on the events around Varithamas, which were caused, or at least guided by Fang & Co.
So the Law sends Horseguy on great journey to let him develop his sense of -um- lets call it rightousness, and then asks him to join. seems kinda strange to me, but thatīs how it goes with the Law, doesnīt it? Smile

ah well, my memory sucks and i canīt recall the timeline anymore, so these are just my 2 cent.
great stuff, anyway

now all i wanna know is when Horse is getting some good olī loving, there has to be some cute little tauren girl around somewhere ...
i think he deserves it ^^

have fun guys
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birdman, I didn't mean that Men in Black made the standard Teacher/Apprentice choice, but that it was the most recent incarnation that I'm sure most of the population would have memories of. ( <-- Oh my old English Professors would not be happy with that. Wink )

I really do like where this story is going, and I love the fact that I can get a response from the writer, with my inane posts. I do believe that Horse is going for "The World is Not Enough" approach. I mean what is power or near immortality, if you have to sacrifice who you are to do so. The law looks away from their own kind ( Kay doesn't visit Thunder Bluff, Fang doesn't visit Murlocs ) because it's painful to see that which you gave up. Life, and love are both worth risking though. You cannot have love without pain. If it meant that I had to cut ties with my family, because they'd die and leave me alone, I couldn't do it. Part of life is death. To shun the former because the latter hurts too much just means your cutting yourself off.

Damn, rambled again. He goes for both. That's what I forsee. Thus spake the Tauren Warlock.
Saranus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordinn got to hang out in Ironforge. I guess he has a heart of stone.
Mo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: the running : / Reply with quote

why does he always have to run...he should stand up to this tiny fish man and find out whats going on... stop...RUNNING!!!! the idea with imortals is neat though. also... does the REAL Matt the Gnome know about this Razz
Exodus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[TRAUBE]Zedd wrote:

i was all itchy yesterday, cause i was just able to read the newspost and had no time for the story itself. great read.

i was a bit surprised by Horseīs "Hero"-thoughts though, it struck me as a little odd, because his wish to save the world, life, universe and everything is imo based on the events around Varithamas, which were caused, or at least guided by Fang & Co.
So the Law sends Horseguy on great journey to let him develop his sense of -um- lets call it rightousness, and then asks him to join. seems kinda strange to me, but thatīs how it goes with the Law, doesnīt it? Smile

ah well, my memory sucks and i canīt recall the timeline anymore, so these are just my 2 cent.
great stuff, anyway

now all i wanna know is when Horse is getting some good olī loving, there has to be some cute little tauren girl around somewhere ...

have fun guys

Duh, Horse is gonna get some sweet lovin' from Katy M if he joins the Law. Although given that Katy M has the body of a Bull and yet is a female that might be a bit confusing.

To you and Mo, welcome to the forums Razz
Heloly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
[TRAUBE]Zedd wrote:

great stuff, anyway

have fun guys

Duh, Horse is gonna get some sweet lovin' from Katy M if he joins the Law. Although given that Katy M has the body of a Bull and yet is a female that might be a bit confusing.

*Shivers*
>_<
My brain just threw up...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heloly wrote:
Exodus wrote:
[TRAUBE]Zedd wrote:

great stuff, anyway

have fun guys

*Shivers*
>_<

Laughing
Alec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmwarrior wrote:
Heloly wrote:
Exodus wrote:
[TRAUBE]Zedd wrote:

great stuff, anyway

have fun guys

*Shivers*
>_<

Laughing

Bad mental images!
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes M and Horse aren't going to be making out, ever. Actually, Horse isn't going to be making out with anyone, I'm afraid. A couple reasons - a) it doesn't fit into this story, and b) writing a love story terrifies me. too easy to mess up. I've only ever done one... it was a short story, from a female perspective, and there wasn't even any actual snogging. the protagonist is sobbing her eyes out at the end. so, I mean... be glad.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, your style doesn't lend itself for deep psychologically fitting love, oh big bird Very Happy. Glad to know you realise that too Very Happy.
[TRAUBE]Zedd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
Karmwarrior wrote:
Heloly wrote:
Exodus wrote:
[TRAUBE]Zedd wrote:

great stuff, anyway

have fun guys

*Shivers*
>_<

Laughing

Bad mental images!

I pushed the thought of Katy M. and Horse-Guy together far away from me, with all my willpower, but you guys just had to bring it up again, shame on you Smile

@Birdieman: How about some massage or at least a little backrubbing for our hero? i bet his muscles a quite tense from all that running away ^^
Stutter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I enjoy the whole "running away" bit. I think it makes Horse a much more realistic protagonist. It make me see more of myself in Horse; I would want to run away and stay away from most of the stuff that our Equine friend has gotten himself into. If Horse simply "cowboys up" for all of this, think about how boring the story would be. It needs to be hard for him, otherwise it just isn't as meaningful.

Also, I hope we don't see Horse taking Fangs place in the Law. Fangtooth left Blizz, but please don't make that a part of the story by having Fang leave as well. That would be too predictable. (BOOO predicatability)
S.

Cangjku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually been thinking about the Running aspect of Horses personality, namely because thats the descriptive I added to his name.

The bottom line is that running isn't necesarily a bad thing. Yes it does represent cowardice fear and indecision, thats what most people associate it with, but running also can represent courage, running forward to help some one, strength, its far from as easy as you might think, curiosity, running from one idea to another looking for answers. It represents strength, persistance and for those who know, finishing what you start.

Running isn't a bad word, I blame gym teachers and atheletic coaches who use running as punishment.

And yes I was a runner in high school, I ran cross country for 6 years in jr high and high school.

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: