Albatros Bits

Forums

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book Two, Chapter 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lordmurray



Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 239

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i was reading i was thinking more and more... f'n fang, HORSE YOU DON'T NEED THEM!! RUNNN!!! then i got to the end and was like... /cheer

EDIT: i don't think horse is running anymore... i think losing his life was too much so now he's running headlong into it!

go horse..... go Cool
_________________
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. -Francis Bacon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alec



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
That was actually Slashtrain who, come to think of it, didn't have those elves that he said he would! When I see that kid I'm gonna cut him up....


Nope, it was Daclat and he did have elves. Albatros said he had Elvis in his next chapter, and he was joking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Karmwarrior



Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Posts: 584
Location: Somewhere in the vast expanse of the internets

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec wrote:
Exodus wrote:
That was actually Slashtrain who, come to think of it, didn't have those elves that he said he would! When I see that kid I'm gonna cut him up....


Nope, it was Daclat and he did have elves. Albatros said he had Elvis in his next chapter, and he was joking.


Well, when he said "Elvis" I thought it was a typo, and he meant to say "Elves".
_________________
Karm 85 Tauren Warrior [RETIRED]
Sword of Laban
Behold the might of the Tauren!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Alec



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmwarrior wrote:
Alec wrote:
Exodus wrote:
That was actually Slashtrain who, come to think of it, didn't have those elves that he said he would! When I see that kid I'm gonna cut him up....


Nope, it was Daclat and he did have elves. Albatros said he had Elvis in his next chapter, and he was joking.


Well, when he said "Elvis" I thought it was a typo, and he meant to say "Elves".


"e" is on the opposite side of the keyboard as "i", and he wouldn't put spoilers in like that. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exodus



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2262
Location: P-Town represent!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could swear it was Slash...
_________________
"I will choose a path that's clear: I will choose Freewill." -Freewill, by Rush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cangjku



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Posts: 713
Location: back in wisconsin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting chapter as always Albatross. It ties up a few lose ends answers a couple questions. I won't say to much though without rereading it, mostly so I don't make a complete fool out of myself. I do however have one question for you that Horse better get around to asking at some point.

That question is quite simply WHY? The Tooth just told him that he has been watching Horse for years, that the Law wants Horse to join them. My first and formost question would be Why? Instead Horse just runs away again. That calf has so much growing yet to do it is rediculous. He has somehowmanaged to remain almost completely clueless, despite everything he has been through.

Sigh, well there is a question for you to answer, if you haven't already asked it anyway.

I also have another question for you though this relates more to reallity.

Where did you come up with the Tashunke translation for the word horse? It sounds Siouxan, but its not Lakota, possibly Dakota but my Lakota dictionary translates horse as Sunkawakangj. Thats not quite the right spelling since my keyboard can't make the right symbol, it is however approximatly phonetic.

I also think that for a true native american/tauren name you need another word. Native names are descriptive more than, hmm I need word here not sure what one though.

Anyway, Running Horse seems more appropriate to Horses character, than just Horse.
_________________
Cangjku, Druid of Mulgore

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Slashtrain



Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Posts: 900
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
I could swear it was Slash...


i said i'd have elves? all i remember is that i said i had respect for alliance so i'd have them playing a bigger part in my story, but not necessarily elves...
_________________
"so when the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never
because the dance with the devil might last you forever"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Exodus



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2262
Location: P-Town represent!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just looked it over, it was the Bird and it was elvis... That's really weird.
_________________
"I will choose a path that's clear: I will choose Freewill." -Freewill, by Rush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slinken



Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Location: scourging guest writer for slowness...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

wtf?

I thik he should join the law, and then go say hi to his mommy, what are they gonna do, fire him after all the work they put in?
_________________

No sense in hiding the facts y'know... just gotta get used to it.. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exodus



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2262
Location: P-Town represent!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho-no, they're not letting Horse go that easy, no way. That's one thing that I'm completely 100% sure of.

Also, I must say I completely knew why it was titled "The Murloc is Lonely" from the start when Fang was answering everybody's questions, I just sorta forgot about it since then Razz
_________________
"I will choose a path that's clear: I will choose Freewill." -Freewill, by Rush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Albatros
Site Admin


Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Posts: 2111

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cangjku wrote:
An interesting chapter as always Albatross. It ties up a few lose ends answers a couple questions. I won't say to much though without rereading it, mostly so I don't make a complete fool out of myself. I do however have one question for you that Horse better get around to asking at some point.

That question is quite simply WHY? The Tooth just told him that he has been watching Horse for years, that the Law wants Horse to join them. My first and formost question would be Why? Instead Horse just runs away again. That calf has so much growing yet to do it is rediculous. He has somehowmanaged to remain almost completely clueless, despite everything he has been through.

Sigh, well there is a question for you to answer, if you haven't already asked it anyway.

I also have another question for you though this relates more to reallity.

Where did you come up with the Tashunke translation for the word horse? It sounds Siouxan, but its not Lakota, possibly Dakota but my Lakota dictionary translates horse as Sunkawakangj. Thats not quite the right spelling since my keyboard can't make the right symbol, it is however approximatly phonetic.

I also think that for a true native american/tauren name you need another word. Native names are descriptive more than, hmm I need word here not sure what one though.

Anyway, Running Horse seems more appropriate to Horses character, than just Horse.


Cang, he does ask why! Very end. He even calls it the most important question. Smile Maybe Fang's response was more convincing in person...

Stick Tashunke into Google and see what comes up. Wink You're right that Native American names are more complicated - my theory is that the present-day Tauren naming convention is, they give you the animal and then nick-name you the adjective as appropriate. This gives it the opportunity to change organically - I'd say that at this point, Running Horse is a very good name for him. Later on, he might have a different one. (assuming I can get over my squeamishness at treading too heavily on a childhood hero's mystique...) Plus there's the family names - I haven't figured out all of them, but Hokato is a Runetotem.

Exodus wrote:
OK, just looked it over, it was the Bird and it was elvis... That's really weird.

yeah. I blame lack of sleep...

awesome theorizing, everyone. y'all can run with Horse any time you want - providing he's not being stealthy. then you'd just ruin everything.

moosh - I submit that neither I nor Men In Black invented the "old man asking young man to join secret organization" construct. Wink

Thuzad! Est-ce que vous ette Le Thuzad? ou sueulement un autre Thuzad? Quelle Thuzad?!

(...shoots self) anyway, welcome to the forums, glad you like the story! I wonder if the CMs would actually laugh at cynicism regarding their job - it strikes me as possible that they have to develop such a thick skin about it that anything that threatens that skin has to be avoided. Or maybe they'll think it's hilarious. /shrug Caydiem still reads - I haven't heard from Fang in some time, so I'm not sure about him. I'm certain that even if Cay laughed her ass off, she would never say. She's very professional. Smile

Alec - how do you mean? have a look back at chapter 6 of book one for the current best explanation in the story. beyond that... there's been much speculation... Twisted Evil

Fat squirrel wrote:
Then he sees varimathras in the distance, goes out to meet him for battle, trips over a rock and faceplants, giving him a bloody nose which makes his eyes tear up so that when he gets up he falls off a cliff and dies.

dammit you figure it out! no more story! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lordmurray



Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 239

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:

dammit you figure it out! no more story! Laughing


kool, Fat Squirrel got an albatros moment!!

/cheer
_________________
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. -Francis Bacon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exodus



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2262
Location: P-Town represent!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordmurray wrote:
Albatros wrote:

dammit you figure it out! no more story! Laughing


kool, Fat Squirrel got an albatros moment!!

/cheer


Meaning he thought up something so amazingly far-fetched that it just blows your mind, and spreads the ashes all over the world's oceans?
_________________
"I will choose a path that's clear: I will choose Freewill." -Freewill, by Rush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lordmurray



Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 239

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Meaning he thought up something so amazingly far-fetched that it just blows your mind, and spreads the ashes all over the world's oceans?


similar in magnitude... only making albatros say he won't write anymore =D
_________________
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. -Francis Bacon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Exodus



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 2262
Location: P-Town represent!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, so basicly what the Bird is REALLY saying if that he were to write something that completely random he would be forced to give up his writing carrier? Or am I taking too much of a negative approach on this?
_________________
"I will choose a path that's clear: I will choose Freewill." -Freewill, by Rush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot moderate your topics in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

 

Art by
A

fansite



© Albatros. All rights reserved.