Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book Two, Chapter 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Book Two, Chapter 6 Reply with quote

http://www.albatrosbits.com/murloc.php?book=Two&chapter=6

Shocked

I think my brain needs to process what I just read. Don't get me wrong! It's hella good! But omg is it a lot to take in all in one swoop...

Albatros, you're as sneaky and unpredictable as that Murloc!

Mind if I run with Horse to clear my mind? Laughing

(BTW, Happy 1 Year Anniversary to "The Murloc is Lonely"! Very Happy )

"I said a BOWSTRING, not a G-... *sigh* nevermind."
Sten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everybody will need to run with Horse to clear our minds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brain hurts.
Scaramoosh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very "Men in Black"ish. But still good.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. I just wish I knew what his answer was. Keep on writing those magical words of yours.
Thuzad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: My favorite part Reply with quote

I shook my head and looked across at him. “In Storm City,” I began, “we knew what it meant that you worked for the Law. You told us about the laws it made, and you listened to us complain about them.” Fang smiled humorlessly. “Since then,” I continued, “all I know about working for the Law is that you run around, do inexplicable things, and don’t tell me anything.”

Been following your story since last July. It is rivetting.

This passage however amazes me. After a year of writing you are exactly back where it all started, the lonely murloc and all the other lonely CM's. And you manage to work in your opinion as well about the community in one fell swoop. I love it. I hope Fang and Caydiem frequent your story still, as this should put a smile on their face.
Kudos!

*Edit: spelling. there may be more Smile
Alec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just wow. I still have a question though, who is "The Law"?
Yellowsub

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Very Happy

Sweeeeet. An almost unending life! I can see why pets are taken along for the multi-century ride. The agents have to have some sort of friend that doesn't die. Otherwise some of the weaker hearted agents may just get so depressed that they just give up living, one way or another.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HORSE!!! Or should I now say Tashunke?

(I would call dibs on that name for an alt, but druids aren't my style.)
(Now to let them fight to the death for that name.) Twisted Evil
(Now while they fight over that name I will take Horse's father's name for my alt. Now, to go and buy more pre-paid time cards before they catch on to my plan.) Twisted Evil
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tashunke... interesting. very similar to Tanushka, a Russian name that roughly translates to Tanya. it's my cousin's wife's name... she was one of the Koreans that ran to Kazakhstan and eventually picked up Russian. interesting, no?
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict that he's EVENTUALLY say yes. The Bird is gonna lead us on a bit more though, like he always does Very Happy .

“It’s a trade,” he said firmly. “You give up everything you’re close to, but in return, you get the world.”

When I read this I just waited for Horse reply, "The world is not enough." That would've just blown my mind even though it would've been 100% random.
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the "The world is not enough" thing. I don't hink he'll say yes or no though. I think he will make his own way and either get both things he wants or neither. Maybe there'll be this anticlimactic ending. So that horse goes on many adventures, gains many sweet skils. And goes to do battle against varimathras. Then he sees varimathras in the distance, goes out to meet him for battle, trips over a rock and faceplants, giving him a bloody nose which makes his eyes tear up so that when he gets up he falls off a cliff and dies.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Exodus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat squirrel wrote:
I agree with the "The world is not enough" thing. I don't hink he'll say yes or no though. I think he will make his own way and either get both things he wants or neither. Maybe there'll be this anticlimactic ending. So that horse goes on many adventures, gains many sweet skils. And goes to do battle against varimathras. Then he sees varimathras in the distance, goes out to meet him for battle, trips over a rock and faceplants, giving him a bloody nose which makes his eyes tear up so that when he gets up he falls off a cliff and dies.

That's be extrememly random. I personally think - from the story thus far - even if horse doesn't choose what to do, he'll in effect still be like an agent of the Law. Like Tooth said, "The Law doesn't loose it's agents." Now that I look at this and think of how, every time Horse has ran away he always came back, this could have a double meaning. They want Horse to be one of their agents, and all they have to do is convince him. Being the Law and all, the absolutely highest power ever (that's my theory) this should be easy.

Also, the reason I think that he won't say yes or no soon is because if he says yes then he'll officially be an agent of the Law. This means that he'll be in the know, there'll be no more "questions," which is exactly what the Bird said that he needs to think up. There is room for a few questions if he says yes, but not many and not great quality ones.

Personally, I don't think Horse will say no. If I recall correctly, Horse has almost never really said no to something, he just ran away instead of facing the decision. I don't think Horse likes big decisions much at all Razz
Karmwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word . . .

wow . . .

P.S.: Didn't you say you were gonna have Night Elves on this one? Or did you take them out because Daclat had Night Elves on his first? Razz
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was actually Slashtrain who, come to think of it, didn't have those elves that he said he would! When I see that kid I'm gonna cut him up....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: