Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "mistake" of Varimathras
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stutter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: The "mistake" of Varimathras Reply with quote

So I'm back - and have been enjoying the story again. Go Alby!

Anyway, I've been ruminating on what Fang said when they released Varitmathras. He said something along the lines of "correcting a mistake". So this gets me thinking, cause my boy Fang never says anything lightly.

What mistake does the Law think it is rectifying?

Was it a mistake to imprision Varimathras because he was not the big bad?

or

Was it a mistake to imprison Varimathras becasue they should have killed him instead?

or

Was it a mistake to leave him bottled up so long that the old Alliances fell apart?

In the back of my mind, I keep thnking he is not the Big Bad, but just the biggest and baddest thing left over that can fight whatever is coming next. Of course, I could be looking for more complexity then there really is. It's a good sign that I can't see through the story to the end.

Heloly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man! I was WONDERING where you got off to. I believe, as I always have, that the third answer is your correct one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the mistake was to pin him up in the first place. Think of the recent chapter, the conversations about pride and peace and what not. By imprisoning the leader of the Scourge and therefore the Scourge themselves, The Law took away an enemy. The conversation Horse had with the dwarf and gnome basicly said that people NEED an enemy, so by taking away that enemy The Law forced the races of azeroth to turn to eachother as enemies.

The Law kept this in check with figures such as Fang and Oriddin but they realized that they would rather have sentient vs. none-sentient (as Horse figured out) than race vs. race. That's why they pulled out, and that's why they let Varimathras out.
Modguy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe that varimathras was bottled up so as to pose a persistant threat and keep the alliances from falling apart. since that was the mistake, they release him to fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, basically they needed a common enemy otherwise thigs'd just get boring, among other things.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(FYI, you guys are sort of part way there, but no one's quite got it 100%)
Karmwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*snaps fingers in diapointment*

Darn. . .
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the, restore Varimathras so he can challenge invading foreign super-power theory.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat squirrel wrote:
I really like the, restore Varimathras so he can challenge invading foreign super-power theory.

Wait, what invading super-power?
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exodus wrote:
Wait, what invading super-power?

I don't know speciffically who. I also don't know if there is one. Maybe Illidan will come from Outland. Maybe the ultra uber bad dude titan guy who's name I can't remember but founded the Burning Legion will come. I don't know, somebody.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Cangjku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sargeras and Illidan are both out of the pictuer at the time in history when Horse is adventureing, Illidan more so than Sargeras since bits and pieces of Sargeras conciosness seem to be floating around the twisting nether.

Anyway the only real forign power, short an entirely new one, would be the burning legion. I suppose you could include the various elemental forces that the were on azeroth before the titans showed up, but I don't think those would fit.

I am very unsure as to what the mistake Fangtooth was refering to is, the only possibilty I see is the actual sealing away of varimathras in the first place, or possibly waiting so long to let him out. I guess another possibilty is possibly the laws direct involvment in mainting order in the world, but as I said I am not really sure.

I would however suggest that you keep in mind somthing Albatros said awhile back in another thread similar to this one. He said, and I am paraphrasing here,

"Don't think of it in the sense of what the law spent 600 years creating, but instead in what the law spent 600 years destroying."

I think it was decided at that time that Albatros was refrencing the destruction of racial barriers and the last chapter reinforces that thought in my mind.

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
mortarman178

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know i coud be way ou in right field with this what about the old gods the Naga warshiped or the twilight hammer (dont they worship the same old gods i can remeber) ther both powerfull things.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll all be horribly wrong. Albatros has the plot set out in his head and he'll write it down when has time. We'll just have to wait and see what horse will do.
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting discussion. makes me think. i have a small tinkling of an idea of what's goin on right now, but i'm not gonna write it cuz first off, i'm not sure about it, and second, there's no reason for me to speculate. i'm patient. i will wait.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to applaude the bird, getting this kind of discussion, and having it go on for so long can mean only one thing. Your writing is good man. Really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: