Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coincidence, I think not!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Coincidence, I think not!!! Reply with quote

If you guys hadn't a chance to pick up the miniseries "The Ashbringer" put out by blizzard and wildstorm in preparation for Wrath of the Lich King, I humbly suggest to at least read the first issue. Our very own great bird in the sky was predicting the future of Warcraft lore with Varimathras story that was portrayed in "The Murloc is Lonely".

In addition to a mention in the comic "The Ashbringer" Varimathras is also involved in an epic chain quest in Wrath of the Lich King, if you visit wow news websites you probably read about it, I would link to one of those with a huge spoiler warning, unfortunately. I'm at work and those sites are blocked.

I say blizzard pay off your dues to the great albatross for using his story ideas and at least thank him in the credits.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome Very Happy
Elonna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love a writer who can sense where the lore is heading. So, Alb, where will it go from here?
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=) I was just following the clues that were already there with regards to Varimathras being in it for himself. There was no way a guy who growls "I'm always on the winning side..." when you click him enough is going to stay loyal to anyone, much less Sylvanas. As for where it's going from here... I think that the lore co. are way too in love with the lich king to let him get rolled over by a punk like V. If I'd been thinking ahead, I might have predicted that V would kill Arthas and the lich king would switch bodies... but I wasn't, and it was still the early days of WoW. I don't think that'll happen anyway.

At the end of the day, I don't see Blizzard going in the direction I'm taking TMiL in. There are somewhat different... goals at work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: