Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

God's Blue Rose
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Writers' Nest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giovanni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: God's Blue Rose Reply with quote

this is a myth I wrote...ya it's short but w/e
-----------------------------------------------------
Long ago there was a beautiful, blue rose that God gave to Lucifer to protect, it needed protection because it granted immortality and could raise the dead, God trusted Lucifer to keep it from those in heaven who would seek to use it or keep it from the living, who are who God intended to give it to in time. When Lucifer fell he still had the rose, as his last work as a falling angel he cast the rose to the ground, where it landed a desert was made of what once was a lush oasis, a mountain was erected beneath it of black razor sharp rocks that were without a single rounded surface, beneath the mountain on the desert floor satan's spires (sand tornadoes) constantly spun. If some hero could in fact make it through the desert that was dry and up the mountain that was ridged he would find himself at the mouth of a cave where thorns on vines covered all surfaces and to touch them meant death.
It was clear that the rose could not be gotten even by an angel, Lucifer had made sure of that, and if an angel can't do something a human is without hope, it was the devil's way of spiting God, keeping his rose forever out of reach. Every day the rose hoped it would be found, and every night it's petals would fall, blue as the tears it wished it could shed.
And still the rose sits, hidden behind thorns high on it's mountain deep in the unforgiving desert.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first thing I've written what do you think?im only 13 sooo ya dont be toooo harsh >.>

Last edited by Giovanni on Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amaunator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Smile.

Apart from the fact that you started and ended with kiddy forum speech Laughing, I quite liked the myth... Though you do know that no myth is complete without a hero rushing to the scene and overcoming insurmountable odds Wink?

Also, you need to space your thoughts more. A period here and there would do wonders for the reader's sanity Wink.
Moorea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty cool Giovanni Cool

Are you going to continue it with a short story of some kind? That would be interesting. What is the rose supposed to do? To whom was God saving the rose for? etc. I think you could make a fine story out of it Wink
Giovanni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, first time posting anything I've written; I'm shyer when it comes to my writing than my art work.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very cool myth! I think Amaunator's right in that your punctuation feels a little run-on - if you get the urge, try reading it out loud to yourself to get an idea of where sentence breaks should fall. I disagree about the kiddy-speak - I thought your word-choices were apropriate to the genre. The aside about sand-tornados feels like a note you left yourself and forgot to remove - the idea that his spires are sand tornados could be worked in better. I disagree about the story needing a hero - while certainly it's a killer setup for a hero journey, it's also a heck of a tragic myth, and I like it!

Lucifer's name means "Morningstar", on the off-chance that that speaks to you in some way that's useful to the story.

That's a hell of a debut, buddy - I hope you keep writing.
Giovanni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.O
I
am
so
PUMPED RIGHT NOW!
I'm shocked you guys even liked it Shocked
I thought I was gunna get burned, ty so much!

and about the sand-tornados, ya I just noticed that, but I dont think I'll edit it, only copy of original I have.
I'm going to revise it, would you mind looking it over once I'm done?

I feel like a kid who's teacher just said they did a good job Very Happy

P.S I didn't know that about Lucifer's name, that's really cool, I think it ould work it's way in in some way...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
That is a very cool myth! I think Amaunator's right in that your punctuation feels a little run-on - if you get the urge, try reading it out loud to yourself to get an idea of where sentence breaks should fall. I disagree about the kiddy-speak - I thought your word-choices were apropriate to the genre. The aside about sand-tornados feels like a note you left yourself and forgot to remove - the idea that his spires are sand tornados could be worked in better. I disagree about the story needing a hero - while certainly it's a killer setup for a hero journey, it's also a heck of a tragic myth, and I like it!

Lucifer's name means "Morningstar", on the off-chance that that speaks to you in some way that's useful to the story.

That's a hell of a debut, buddy - I hope you keep writing.

The kiddy-speak was limited to outside the myth Wink. I just thought it odd that he had this great vocabularly in the story and that he didn't use it to introduce his myth to us ^^.

And you know that I just added the 'hero' twist because myths are fun like that ^^.
may drop your heart may heal

feelings of love you love
fluttering hearts you hate
revealing souls you love
breaking spirits you hate that

the sun...
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. Am I gotchya now Smile

G, you should edit your original post with the rewritten version and then post here letting us know.
Giovanni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sure thing =)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The kiddy-speak was limited to outside the myth Wink. I just thought it odd that he had this great vocabularly in the story and that he didn't use it to introduce his myth to us ^^.

ok you can't expect me to always talk like that, I grew up being brainy and never liked how most ppl reacted to a 10 yr old who could uphold a substantial conversation with someone 3 times their age, so I ended up trying not to use "big words" or sound very smart when I'm talking to ppl who don't know me, writing of course is different story =P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say bull to that... I've ever been the 'walking dictionary' in both primary and secondary and I haven't regretted a second of it. It's not something people can fault you for. If you act like a jerk and insult with words they don't understand, then you've got to tone it down ^^.

Besides, eventually the bar levels. People catch up, because there's a limit to how difficult your vocabulary can become; it stops when everyone's diverging into other branches of employment and starts to accustom to new lingo...

And speaking like Oscar Wilde has gone out of style a good while ago ^^.

revealing souls you love

the sun...
Giovanni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like I said before, 13 here and I go to public school... I'm in "advanced classes" but sadly most kids with me aren't sposed' to be there but are because the other teams are full...
as to "walking dictionary" tis' my nickname sir.
and I do not enjoy it, I am expected to know everything and I don't enjoy constantly being relied on by student and teacher alike. Mad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, you have to fulfill the promise, of course...

revealing souls you love

the sun...
Giovanni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, with interest Twisted Evil
it's my sole enjoyment of this whole affair, insulting their intelligence is.
The wonderful thing is they don't realize I've said something offensive xD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it ... in Pan's Labyrinth.

I'm pretty sure you just plagiarized.

Quote:
There was rose who made whoever plucked it immortal. A blue rose. It's thorny stem clutches the dagger-like crest of a black granite mountain. The thorns grow around the granite like suffocating serpents. But no one would dare go near it because it's thorns were full of mortal poison. So amongst the men tales of pain and death were told in hushed voices because they feared death more than they want immortality. So everyday the rose wilted unable to bequeath its gift to anyone. Alone and forgotten.

Nice try, Giovanni.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Writers' Nest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: