Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introducing The Lonelipedia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Introducing The Lonelipedia Reply with quote

This thread is here to serve as a link to, and to contain discussion regarding, the Lonelipedia - TMiL's official wiki!

If you have a question about the story, poke around the Lonelipedia and see what comes up. If you see a gap that you'd like to fill in, feel free - just log in using your forum username and password. (You can register here if you don't have one yet. As in all collaborative environments, please be courteous to the work of others.) If the wiki doesn't have the answer to your question, post it here (or in another thread) - one of this forum's excellent lore-hounds will track down the answer for you.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys -

I was poking around TMiL's homepage, and I've thought for a while that a Dramatis Personae page would be useful. This is the kind of thing that the Lonelipedia was made for - so if you guys have some free time, I'd love it if you could poke at the Characters page and flesh it out enough for me to link it right from the Table of Contents?
Amaunator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamilin has been formally added to the list of pages Smile. I'll try to do some more tomorrow and then thereafter Wink. Now that the rewrite is a fact and complete, we can completely add all the information we need (and update everytime a new chapter comes our way). I'm in the mood for it ^^. I hope I'm not the only one!

*Stares at all the layabouts.*
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Amaunator, what a great page! Tamilin is one of my favorite characters, and that entry captures him spot-on. I'd be thrilled if every character got that treatment.

It always takes me a second to get over this weird feeling whenever someone analyzes one of my characters as a literary device, almost like I'm offended on their behalf, but of course you're right and I shouldn't be... Wink

(I can't resist - have a look over the page for gramar and spelling errors! Laughing )
Amaunator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows: I'll be working in three stadia at the Lonelipedia and everyone's allowed (or should that be forced? ^^) to chip in Wink:

- Objective Analysis: we have only two sources: WoW lore and TMiL so we need to get all the facts and statements that are in both and incorporate them into the Lonelipedia for every important thing, person or location in TMiL.

- Abstract Analysis: from the sources we have, we can next draw up a picture of the concepts that arise in TMiL (how the Law works, how magic works, how time works, how distance works etc.). First we can easily say and relate to how it's been stated to be and then we can go on to the next stadium.

- Subjective Analysis: every page that has had the OA and/or AA treatment can from then on have new content added to it as speculation (subjective), which should, of course, be mentioned. You can choose whether you make a separate section for it on the page itself or just add it into the previous text (and put in parentheses that it is speculation). Eventually speculation pages might arise, but I think we should limit that to the forum Wink.

That's my way of working, and I'll work my (stressed ^^) way through all off the OA first by doing all of the characters, the locations and the objects (the Black Book, the Frozen Throne etc.). Everyone, please, chip in Wink.

I would advise anyone to keep speculation from the Lonelipedia until most of the hard facts have been added, that way we don't confuse ourselves and each other ^^.
Exodus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it work to just make a section in each entry for each of the OA, AA, and SAs, then fill each of those out in turn, and after we have everything we could make a complete and comprehensive article? That way anybody who wanted to work on any entry could pick up where the last person left off, and instead of writing notes, facts, and other things onto something like a word document, you would be able to put them right onto the entry.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Lonelipedia has a 'discussion' page which I'm sure wich could serve perfectly for just such a thing. I might make great use of it myself; I'm kind of a rambler Wink.

So yeah, the discussion tab!
Amaunator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Underwood has been added to the Lonelipedia Smile. Sorry for the double post Smile.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaunator, you're doing a bangup job in there - Ex, I know you like getting your hands dirty in there as well (you were a wiki rockstar pre-relase) - everyone else should have a read through what these guys are doing, even if you don't feel like contributing. Guys... any chance I could request Madoran next? I think he's my second or third favorite character after Tamilin.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have some free time on my hands next week, so I'll work on some of those characters you kick-started Wink.
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done anything in a while, so sure I'll start working on Madoran. I don't write the whole pages nearly as well as Am does, though Razz.
Nuclearbear

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Varimathras, the Scourge Lord, the Lich King

Does...Not....Compute....

Is Varimathras the Lich King in tmil, or is this a BIG typo?
Amaunator

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuclearbear wrote:
Quote:
Varimathras, the Scourge Lord, the Lich King

Does...Not....Compute....

Is Varimathras the Lich King in tmil, or is this a BIG typo?

Lol, that's standard knowledge, Nuclear Very Happy.

In TMiL, Varimathras had usurped Arthas's crown right before he fell to the forces of the Argent Dawn (correct me if I'm wrong on the precise timing :p) after which he retalliated and pushed the Argent Dawn back for a while.
may drop your heart may heal

feelings of love you love
fluttering hearts you hate
revealing souls you love
breaking spirits you hate that

the sun...
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precise timing is accurate - Madoran tells Horse the story in Chapter IX of book one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: