Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death to the Horde
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guild is about to down Hakkar, after only a few months of raiding ZG. How's that for inspiration?
Onokos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a story of what happens to Thrash? Or how Zul'zaz initially joined the Lich and became "friends" with Tam?
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrash is probably dead by now, he probably tried to vanish but then the lich either A: had a DoT on him or B: spammed AE 'til he found him again and killed him.

Fix vanish please.
Keltor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, no thats not quite what I meant by needing inspiration. I already know what happened to thrash, and in fact, the whole arc of what I want to write. Currently im stuck trying to get there in a natural way. The characters in the next short are brand new, although you will hear some tidbits about the other characters. No, its just that I have what I think is a killer start, and then, I dont really know how to proceed.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I made the best grabber ever a few weeks ago. (My friend once called grabbers "hookers" in english class. He got laughed at.) It was for a Romeo and Juliet essay and the very first sentence of the essay was, "Have you ever had sex with a 14 year old girl?"

How's that for grabbing the reader's attention! It goes on to say stuff about how Romeo did and consequently got completely screwed over and ended up dieing, but the start just made that whole week of finals worth it.
Onokos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Well ... it certainly got my attention. Now that I think about it, it's perfectly true. But ... you certainly don't consider that when reading the play.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I KNOW! But my hardass english teacher only gave me 84% on the thing. Pissed me off because it was really good.
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you have Thrash being reanimated from his grave near the Undercity?
Keltor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i guess I can tell you this, because you will find out once I post for the first time, but the next story is not about thrash, and in fact, is not about anyone that has been seen or aluded to so far. It is about... Gnolls. Yes, you read correctly, im writting about gnolls. I have lots of ideas, but ive hit a blank spot in my ideas, i know what i want to write about, I have established a bunch of back story ( at least, it's in my head) but i dont know where to go next with the plot. its like if tolkien was writing and knew about hobbits, and even knew that frodo needed to go to mt. doom, but didnt know what was in between.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't compare yourself to Tolkien just yet Very Happy.

Best thing is writing the entire story out. I have a couple of 'plans' lying in waiting for whenever I have the time... And it's all planned, so I can start whenever I want to, but you need the time for that. Your problem seems to be reversed Very Happy. Good luck Very Happy.
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, try writing out the main plots and storyboard. Just try to set everything on a timeline and see where it falls into place. It'll help organize your plot lines and give you a clear indication of what to do next. Then pray for inspiration.
Alec

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an epic battle of gnolls vs. murlocks, with Hogger leadingthe gnoll army to victory?
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't Murlocs harder to defeat compared to gnolls? That's my impression anyway. And weren't the murlocs/kobolds/gnolls/etc. all working together with the Defias Gang?
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know about the murlocs and gnolls, but the kobolds sure were.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Onokos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Murloc lore (doesn't really say that much):

http://worldofwarcraft.com/misc/murloclore/murlocs.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> Manuscripts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: