Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stars of Fate: The Sword of Emerald Fire (Part 2) - Ch1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Writers' Nest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulkarr

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start that at lvl 68.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know sometimes I'm quite dense, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me and I'm reading things wrong, so I'll just shut up and ask this question anyways.

In the first sentence, it says that they are in the thick jungles of Desolace.......my first thought was that Desolace has no jungles...right? Then I re-read the pretext again and saw that this story happened way in the past right? Ok, so my dumb question is, that if the zone had jungles in the past, then wouldn't the name be different? I wouldn't guess that the place would gain the name "Desolace" until after the destruction of the jungles eh? Or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

But anyways, hurry up and level Daclat. I wanna read more! Very Happy
Sabredurid330

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it was named based on a prophecy of what it would one day become. Not entirely sure, but I'm fairly certain.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daclat wrote:
“Our language is an ancient language, as old as Azeroth itself. The land was always here and the elves have their own names for each country they explored. And often this language was used to tell the future,” the elf said.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Daclat

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding 70!

K this weekend I'll finish up that chapter, maybe sooner than that.
Alec

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grats.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz!
Alec

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats with a z? You dissapoint me alb.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissapointed with Alb? You disappoint me, Alec.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Exodus

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I'm going to stand up here and now for everybody who says gratz with a z, because it's the way it should be. Just like lazer, and zomg, the z makes the word better, cooler, and much more friendly to the interwebz.
Ulkarr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that a little bit of sarcasamzz that i detect? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Fix your sarcasm detector plz kthnxbi.
Daclat

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2 – Apachee

Hamuul tossed and turned in his sleep. He felt somewhat at ease because he and Rev were taking turns sleeping and keeping watch. It was Hamuul’s turn to sleep, and it was the darkest hour of the night. Hamuul had numerous strange dreams that night. They were all very unclear.

In one of his dreams, he saw Stonetalon Peak, where Celun and he met Lunasa. He was in the room where Celun smashed through the window and fell down the mountain into the unknown. But in this dream, there were no guards to fight Hamuul. He was standing in the room alone, with the cold wind blowing through the broken window. It was a large circular window, with a few thin planks of wood around it. It was decorated with a soft violet tint.

When the event really happened, Hamuul had no time to observe it before it was smashed. Still sleeping and in a strange dream, Hamuul approached the window. It was misty like he had seen before. He knelt down, squinted his eyes, and tried to see something. Complete silence except for the wind. But then he heard a faint sound. It was a low growl, or perhaps a far-away roar. Then he saw a flutter of green in the corner of his eye, and a massive scaled creature with a long tail flew down in the direction of Celun’s fall.

The dream ended and Hamuul woke up. The dream was eerie. The sound of it all was similar to the lonely cave Hamuul and Rev were in. Hamuul looked around in the dark and saw the outline of Rev sitting down looking outside of the cave. Hamuul closed his eyes to sleep, but even in the darkness, he could still see that green creature.

Hamuul soon drifted off to sleep again. But in this dream, nothing has hazy or difficult to see. It was clear as day, and it seemed all too real. In Hamuul’s vision he saw a red sun hovering across the mountains. An elf stepped into Hamuul’s view, but he was represented as only a shadow. The red sun rose a little more and it looked like a typical morning. It looked like Desolace, and the elf stepped into the scene again. Hamuul could clearly see him. He had colorful markings all over his face, and what seemed like a face of a wolf on top of his head. He had cold eyes and dark green and black leather clothes. A quiver was strapped to his back and a longbow. On his thighs, Hamuul could see a twisted dagger.

There was an animal with him, a saber of some kind. The cat was black with eyes as white as the moon, and teeth almost as bright. Hamuul did not like what he was seeing in this dream. The elf took out a small horn from a pouch strapped to his side, and blew it. It was a deep sound that echoed throughout the forest.

Hamuul woke up and did not fall asleep for the rest of the night.

Morning came along; Rev and Hamuul quietly stepped out of the cave and resumed the walk deeper into Desolace. They didn’t speak one word and were as quiet as they could be.

Every time one of Hamuul’s hooves tapped on a concealed rock or when Rev would step on a twig, they both froze and looked around.

Hamuul was lost in thought. He was thinking about last night’s dreams. He often had hazy dreams about Celun falling down Stonetalon Mountain, but the elf dream was new.

So clear…so real… Hamuul kept thinking.

The morning started off with a red sun, and quickly became an orange light. Hamuul almost expected to hear the sound of the elf’s horn.

And then he did.

The sound echoed throughout the forest. Hamuul saw branches twitch and birds flee from their nests in the trees. Hamuul’s heart skipped a beat. Rev flinched at the sound, and drew his swords.

“Apachee…” Rev whispered.

Hamuul looked at Rev, confused, trying not to make any noise.

“Apachee,” Rev said in a normal volume.

“Shh!” Hamuul motioned to Rev, trying to get him to be quieter.

“No, we don’t need to worry about the Centaurs now. If any were close by they just fled to their camp. Apachee is here.”

“Then maybe he’ll hear you?” Hamuul whispered nervously.

“If we can hear his horn, then he knows where we are,” Rev said in a panic. Hamuul observed that Rev was calmer when fighting the Centaur than he was right now, hearing that strange sound.

“I heard that sound in my dream. I saw an elf, with a wolf’s fur and teeth on top of his head, strangle marking, and a saber,” Hamuul confessed to Rev.

“We don’t have time…what…am I –” Rev choked and started to breathe heavy.

“Pull yourself together! We can fight this elf, it’s two versus one,” Hamuul quickly said to the terrified elf.

“Run,” Rev whispered, “RUN NOW!”

And Rev darted off into the forest. Hamuul took off with him as a cheetah. As they were running they heard the sound of the horn again, and it sounded closer.

“He’s gaining ground on us!” Rev exclaimed as he continued to run. Hamuul and Rev were making a lot of noise, but heard nothing behind them, as if there was no creature there at all.

They heard the horn once more, and it was very loud. The hidden enemy that Rev was afraid of was close. Hamuul turned his head and looked around, but saw no one there. The sound seemed like it was coming from all directions.

Hamuul turned his head again, and then he saw Apachee. The elf was standing there with his bow tight and arrow drawn, ready to fire. He was standing on a rock to their left. He saw the arrow piece the air and fly towards them. It struck Hamuul in the hind leg and he fell over, rolling on all fours. He got out of his cheetah form and Rev and Hamuul ducked behind a rock.

More arrows flew toward the rock, and Rev crawled forward. Hamuul assumed a cheetah form again to become smaller and more agile, but had trouble walking because of the giant arrow in his leg. They both crawled to a dead end; a canyon with a small river going through the bottom. They could not survive the fall, but Rev was ready to jump.

Rev crawled to the edge and was ready to jump.

“What are you doing!?” Hamuul yelled at Rev.

“We need to get away…I would take any death over a death from Apachee.”

And then Hamuul felt inspired as he did a few times during the journey, when he first took a form of an animal, when Celun gave him the mark on his palm, and when he used magic for the first time. But most importantly, when he decided to join Celun on the journey.

“Grab onto my shoulders. Just do it,” Hamuul commanded.

Rev crawled to Celun, who was a cheetah, and grabbed onto his shoulders.

“I am beginning to feel the arrow. Adrenaline can only do so much,” Hamuul said, in obvious pain.

Rev understood, and he pulled the arrow out as Hamuul violently jerked around. And then Hamuul was no longer on the ground, but in the air, as a large hawk. Large enough for an elf like Rev to grab onto.

They flew over the canyon and fell into a clearing. Hamuul couldn’t hold the form for very long, and now he lay on the grass with his leg badly hurt.

They heard a roar of a saber, who was across the canyon with Apachee, and they both continued to run until Hamuul’s leg could not take another step.

They found a safe place to hide for the time being, and they stayed there the entire day until the sun set, never speaking a word.

They were hiding in a ditch, which they covered the top with brush. Rev peered out, looked around, and nodded.

“Okay, we’re safe.”

“Quiet!” Hamuul whispered fiercely. “Apachee!”

“No, he can only hunt by day,” Rev said quietly, putting his hands over his face.

Hamuul realized that Rev was very familiar with this ‘Apachee’.

“Tell me, who is he?”

Rev took a deep breath, preparing a story. “As the world grew older, the elves found that some of them became different. Connected to the forests in which they lived in, and still continue to live in.”

“Like a druid, like me,” Hamuul said.

“No, not like you…not like me. Apachee has no mother or no father. One day, he was just born from the soil. His spirit can travel on the wind and he can hide in the bark of a tree. But he is only alive during the day. At night, he is a spirit. Apachee is a spirit-hunter, very few still remain. He has an endless quiver of magic arrows, and people say he can disappear completely in broad daylight. He does not make a sound when he walks, and the only time you will probably ever see him is when he is shooting you…and by that time, it is usually too late.”

“What does he want from us? Why does he want to kill us?” Hamuul asked.

“I don’t know, but someone from Darnassus must have called him.”

“Lunasa?”

“He doesn’t have the power to call a spirit-hunter; he would be killed by either Apachee or his superiors if he even tried. Someone, in the very top tier of the elves wants either you or me dead. And I’m sure it’s not me. They would not call a spirit-hunter to track down a thief…only someone that they need dead.”

Rev fell silent.

“No one has ever survived a spirit-hunter. If Apachee wants us dead, he will kill us, and he kill us soon.”

Rev looked up at the sky and stared at the stars. “Who are you Hamuul?”

“I don’t know anymore…I don’t know why they want me dead so badly. But tomorrow you will get away from me. He doesn’t need you, I’ll run on my own,” Hamuu said, who also looked up at the stars.

“I have someone else on my side,” Hamuul said confidently, remembering the image of the white stag. “A guardian of sorts.”

“Whatever it is, it’s not good enough. I will stay with you Hamuul, and die trying to kill Apachee. You have something important to accomplish, something more important than my life.”

“And how do plan on trying to kill Apachee?” Hamuul asked.

“The only way to kill a spirit-hunter like Apachee is to strike him with one of his own arrows.”
Exodus

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I love that last line. I don't exactly know why, but it's just a great idea.
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmh very nice. I must say, update please!

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Writers' Nest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: