Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

isnt it about time for an update?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slashtrain wrote:
i resigned myself to the fact that it's not happening. then, if it does actually happen, i'll be pleasantly surprised!

gyarrr. Wink

i really wish I could tell you guys the whole story, it's actually pretty neat. unfortunately the only part of it you guys get to see is the fairly embarassing "guest writer! guest writer! guest writer! shhhhhh..."
Phlexen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: update shmupdate Reply with quote

SOOoooo, What ever did happen to the whole guest writer thing? not much has been said about it. Now maybe there has been enough time pass to get us to the point that you can tell us Alb?

Maybe it wasn't really a guest writer, maybe it was someone looking to derail the epic in hopes to, to.. i dunno!

what's the skinny man?
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same skinny as before: I had a guest writer that was going to provide an inside perspective on one of the missing storylines from Part One, and it didn't work out. new skinny: I largely blame myself for being overly imperious with "my" work. being as my world is derived entirely from one invented entirely by someone else... I might have not been as humble or diplomatic as I should have been when the first draft of the first post got submitted. At any rate, it didn't work out, and now here I am guest-writerless. You guys probably won't ever know what a loss that was to me: GuestWriter is an amazing artist, and my having lost him/her is definitely my loss.

moving on? Wink

Last edited by Albatros on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phlexen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me. All i know is that you write one hell of a story man, it's been the topic of discussion in guild chat AND with me and the guys at work.

So keep up the good work and i wasn't trying to kick that dead horse i saw sitting there, my foot just bumped it Very Happy anywho love the story, and thanks for all your hard work!

/bow
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah you guys deserved an explanation after I disappeared for three months.

that's awesome about your guildies and work buddies! say hi to em for me.
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 weeks....

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life went into hectic mode again just as I finished the rewrite - between my birthday (last week, all week and weekend) and upcoming Blizzcon and - in the last 36 hours - Harry Potter, I'm struggling to find time to write. Both Harry Potter and my birthday celebrations are over, and I've got half of the next chapter written, and what I believe to be a free weekend coming up, so there should be a new chapter coming soon. It's a big 'un! New and intriguing characters galore (3), along with a little bit more information about Fang's past...
goofydude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh my birthday was the 20th, and I came here to read my birfday pwesent story release, but twasn't thar!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been too long. Its time for this thread to come alive again. If this turn into another one of those I don't remember how many month long waits I think the withdrawls will inflict permanent damage both upon myself and my squirrelish legions.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This won't be another delay like the one that ended last November. I've got a scene and a half left before the rest of the current chapter goes up. Then it's actually unplanned territory for a chapter - I've recently decided to insert something that I think you guys will enjoy - and then I feel like the rest of the book begins. I'm excited for it. Last night I was online in WoW instead of writing - hanging out with Aid and Farsider - but tonight I'm sitting down and focusing (at least until my roommate tracks down a good wings place).
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurrah new chapter soon,
if u need any1 to "proofread" what youve got alredy ill do it Very Happy
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate it, but I'm all set. =)
Fat squirrel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drakedragon92 wrote:
hurrah new chapter soon,

I think if you want to instill confidence in your proofreading abilites it would help if you spelled the words "you" "anyone" and "already" correctly. And maybe including the apostrophe in "you've" and "i'll" wouldn't hurt. Since ill is a word that makes no sense in the context in which you used it. Capitalize the beginning of your sentence. Also, your comma should be a semi-colon since you're putting two phrases, which could stand alone as seperate sentences, into one sentece. And you need a comma after "alredy".

Amaunator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat squirrel wrote:
drakedragon92 wrote:
hurrah new chapter soon,

I think if you want to instill confidence in your proofreading abilites it would help if you spelled the words "you" "anyone" and "already" correctly. And maybe including the apostrophe in "you've" and "i'll" wouldn't hurt. Since ill is a word that makes no sense in the context in which you used it. Capitalize the beginning of your sentence. Also, your comma should be a semi-colon since you're putting two phrases, which could stand alone as seperate sentences, into one sentece. And you need a comma after "alredy".

I'm not afraid to say I stand by The Squirrel in this Rolling Eyes.
may drop your heart may heal

feelings of love you love
fluttering hearts you hate
revealing souls you love
breaking spirits you hate that

the sun...
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright alright... I spent a lot of time talking folks down from grammar riots back when this site first came online, let's not undo all my hard work. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: