Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F. A. Q. in progress
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: F. A. Q. in progress Reply with quote

I'm throwing together an FAQ on the story for fun, here: www.albatrosbits.com/murloc/faq.htm Got any suggestions for all-important questions I'm missing?
Heloly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: FAQ Reply with quote

Just a few Ideas for your FAQ:

1. Tell where you live, or at least what general region of the country. (MidWest, or Canada, right?)
2. I can't belive you don't have a "Special Thanks" area on your page.
3. List of Special appearances. (Cameos) You do seem to have a LOT of them. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: i agree with heloly Reply with quote

Some more about yourself, although not required, would be nice. Don't give away anything too personal, after all we don't want some crazy person to hunt you down Crying or Very sad. Then we wouldn't have anymore story, oh yah and no more Albatros Wink. It just feels like with what we know of you thus far it's sort of like reading a friends work, or at least a good acquaintance. So a little more about you might be nice, but again, whatever you're comfortable with.
Nev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FAQ Reply with quote

Heloly wrote:

3. List of Special appearances. (Cameos) You do seem to have a LOT of them. Wink

Seconded!!
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

list of cameo / special appearances like, real people? so far there's only the three CMs and Rhy and Tidus. or do you guys mean something else
Nev

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's what we mean, or at least what I mean.
Heloly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there were more cameos than that.... Sigh.... There was at least one more... I was a disgruntled orcish Chef, who didn't like the word Burned. I'm pretty sure at least two other people have had cameos as well...

I KNOW I have a problem with ELLIPSESES! (SP?)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, my forum in-jokes. Yeah, Greyflank provided me with one of Widget's lines early on: "Breakfast is for the weak," and you made me go look up burnt to see if I was right or not. (still not sure =P ) I also made a snarky paragraph at the beginning of the griffin flight after a guy told me I used the phrase "twenty minutes" too much. I meant it to be funny, I hope he wasn't mad. Haven't heard from him since.

As for personal stuff in the FAQ, I got no problem sharing personal stuff (as long as it's not, like, stuff I don't want everyone out there ((parents, exgirlfriends)) reading or that I'm fairly certain the public doesn't want to read), but I wonder what kind of stuff would go well in an FAQ? I live in Connecticut, I work in IT but I'm getting a degree in public policy... stuff like that I guess... my car got stollen a couple months ago so I'm walking to work, which is actually kind of pleasant... I'm broke as a joke most of the time, because instead of giving me lots of money my job gives me a free master's degree... and right now, I'm eating mushy foods and taking pain killers every four and six hours. How's that? =]
Heloly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant, stuff like that. It struck me as odd that you would use Central time if you live in Conneticut, possibly I could have been mistaken... Good luck with your eating and whatnot. Try not to drink too much alchohol with you Vicadin, I've heard there is a ratherintersting reaction involving paranioa and delusions.... Actually..... Go ahead and drink up, I wanna see what you write... Wink

Glad that Albatross got the idea,
~~Heloly~~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, Greyflank provided me with one of Widget's lines early on: "Breakfast is for the weak,"...

Widget Crying or Very sad

As for the past tense of the word "burn"... both the words "burnt" and "burned" are grammatically correct. "Burnt" is more common in British English, and "burned" is more common in American English. (Thank you collage English classes.)

So, the next question one will ask... is the one Orc that likes "burnt" a Britt, and the other Orc that likes "burned" a Yanky? You decide. Smile
Heloly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it... The Burnt orc is OBVIOUSLY from Wisconsin. Cheese makes you sound British! DO IT BECAUSE I SAID IT!

I'm going to my corner now...

*Hysterical laughter followed by whimpering*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Have you taken your medications today? Wink
Heloly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medication Is For The WEAK.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The orc that liked "burnt" was from Kali, and the orc that liked "burned" was born and raised in storm city. The orc that liked both, strangely enough, was from Topeka, Kansas.

I updated the faq with the forum in-jokes. Some time if I'm feeling antsy I'll throw some personal details up in the site-wide faq linked to on the menu bar.

my most recent freqnently asked question is, why do people register with the forum and then never post?...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: