Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amaunator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd personally just do it for the Frostmourne, you know... Very Happy It's the coolest sword in human history Very Happy (well, outside of Excalibur maybe Wink).

Hmm, I still have a 4500-word document sitting around on my computer somewhere looking pretty... I might give it a whirl as well :p.

But I'd definitely advise you to enter, Albatros, if only just to get it out of your system? Wink Rolling Eyes
may drop your heart may heal

feelings of love you love
fluttering hearts you hate
revealing souls you love
breaking spirits you hate that

the sun...

Last edited by Amaunator on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Samej

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never see TMiL as a Blizzard novel. It's just...not Blizzard.

Samej Arkanus-Poet, Scholar, Archmage
Farsider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, quality really doesn't fit with the modus operandi of the Blizz novel staff.

Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just the material itself. A film noir-esque Murloc detective story. Seriously, I don't think I'm the only one that notices this.

Samej Arkanus-Poet, Scholar, Archmage
Amaunator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can say that so crudely. Sure, WoW has cartoonish features to it (even though Northrend is somewhat darker again), but the Warcraft series was always rather gloomy and dark (lol, this suddenly reminded me of a particularly difficult mission with the Orcs in WCII... Very Happy).

Besides, we've seen murlocs with darker coats which would suit the "noir" feeling, the more husky, dusty and steamy kind of murlocs (in Darkshore or Dustwallow Marsh, I believe). They'd fit in excellently.

And we musn't forget that Diablo - also Blizzard property - is very dark indeed.
may drop your heart may heal

feelings of love you love
fluttering hearts you hate
revealing souls you love
breaking spirits you hate that

the sun...
Farsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, the Warcraft series was built from the "Dark Fantasy" genre, as opposed to the high fantasy of LotR and most other swords-and-sorcery stories. The RTS games were more Diablo and less "Official Warcraft Comic Contest", although they always had a healthy dash of off the wall cartoonish comic comedy. It was only with the advent of WoW, where the violence is put literally in your face, instead of removed and overhead, that they cut away the ghoulishness (no pun) to a bare minimum and summarily chopped their dark themes down along with it.

So, I can't remember why I'm writing this...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I lay in bed waiting for sleep to come some nights ago, a curious thought crept in the back of my head. A question suddenly formed in my semi-slumbering self and that was, "whatever happened to The Murloc is Lonely and Albatros Bits?" After a few days, I proceeded to hunt down this wonderful little site, and upon finding it, it dawned on me; I haven't been here in years. Seven years. Dear god, I've been gone a long time.

But then I couldn't quite remember what my username had been, and proceeded to look through some old threads, recognizing so many of these old names and the good silly times we had. At the same time, I found myself and my old messages and cringed at how I used to speak/type (this was maybe the first forum where I actually invested any amount of time - I was 14? 15?).

And then I remembered the Bird. The Bird that caused me to come here for the story, and then stay for the company of entertaining people. I don't remember why I stopped visiting the site, but school happened, and so did some trips overseas and I suppose other things occupied my mind.

With the knowledge that the story will not be continued, I've come to pay my respects, and thank the great Albatros for what he provided us with, and at the end of the day, if you feel that you're forcing yourself to create more, it's just not worth it. So, thank you, is what I'm saying.

Geez, where'd this wall come from?

Edit: I wonder if people are still around
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karm! I still check through here for periodic fixes of nostalgia. Thank you for your kind words! I'm very proud of the work I managed to do here while the site was ongoing.

Where did which wall come from? If that's a TMiL question, you should truck it over here where I kicked off an "ask me anything" Q&A about the plot I never finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> Front Page News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: