Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I abandoned a popular WoW fan fiction and its community. AMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: I abandoned a popular WoW fan fiction and its community. AMA Reply with quote

Six years ago I started writing, and it was fun, and then four years ago it went from being fun to being a chore, so I stopped. I said at the time that I would tell everyone the rest of the plot, but several folks counseled me to keep it to myself and revisit it in other forms or if inspiration re-struck me.

It's been four years and that clearly hasn't happened, and although there hasn't been any great swelling demand to know how Horse and the gang and Az itself ended up, I figured I should at least offer to provide the rest of the story in case there were still folks who were interested.

So ask me anything.
Aard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Wow after all this time Reply with quote

So I stopped reading and even playing wow 4 years ago. I would be interested in what happens. Today I am bored at work so I randomly thought, I wonder if Albatros ever finished. I really liked the story and was always waiting at the edge of my seat for the next chapter. Anyways I will have toread the last chapter to refresh my memory and maybe I will have some questions.
Slinken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG its the albatros! Hell yes post moar! I quit wow a year ago but hey let's consider that I'm still checking your site 4 years after you stopped writing.

No sense in hiding the facts y'know... just gotta get used to it.. Smile
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post away birdie... We're still here.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros! Great to hear from you again. So I've got to know, what is the deal with M??
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, will you be checking back periodically Al? I've decided I really want to reread the story, so I'll probably be thinking of questions as I go. Smile
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be checking in periodically and answering questions as they are asked. For example, if someone were to ask how the story ends, I would reply with obnoxious specificity that it ends with M and Horse galloping off into an intensely vibrant sunset to begin healing the charred world.

M's deal is that she's a badass druid and an agent of the Law! Anything more specific?
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is she so...masculine?
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katy M's gender thing is old news - she's based on ex-WoW-forum-mod Caydiem, who was a woman with a male avatar. Nothing more than that. I've met Caydiem several times and she's badass enough to earn the gender dimorphism... if you think that's the sort of thing people need to earn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: