Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter XII - The Emerald Queen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story!

Immediately upon my previous declaration, I embarked upon something of a life journey (fewer miles covered than the one that shut me down in 2006, but almost as big). I'll spare you the details, but, at any rate, although I'm mostly done, I've ended up with more demands on my time than I had previously. So, as always, the inestimable patience of my fans is so, very, greatly appreciated. (Cangiku, thank you for not sending your hurrican after me.)

One of the pieces that's been slowing me down is my transition to - drumroll please - a mac! It's purdy, and it does stuff well, but it also does things different(ly)... and I haven't yet figured out how to manage my website workflow work on it. I installed Office, downloaded a basic text-editor (bbtext), and got a(n excellent, free) FTP client, but I gave up in frustration when all of my formatted quotation marks and apostrophes turned into accented Os and Is. It kills me, but I'm currently booted in Windows, and doing things the old-fashioned way. So, anyone with web-dev experience on a Mac - email me

As for the story post itself, it's another several pages of Chapter XII - The Emerald Queen. There's an easter egg in it for anyone that wants to go digging, a link hidden in one of the words. There are benefits to being friends with your main characters - like having access to things that have probably fallen off the face of the Internet, and like having access to the people involved to ask if it's okay for you to put it back up. Caydiem has kept her sense of humor after all these years.
Exodus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! Love the link, bro. And the chapter, of course. Good to see a little scoop of Illidan in there, too.
drakedragon92

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not what I was expectin in an easter egg, who is that?
Heloly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Caydiem displaying her angry face.

Nice update man.
Farsider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOO! I found the Easter Egg!

I can't figure out how to eat it, though Confused

And...is that...is that...the Bird! The Bird hath returned to us, and brought with an update!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant find it! :/ Still, yay update!
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd written the latest posting previously - back in October - and gave it a quick brush-up to get it ready for release. This is the second-to-last bit I expect to post as fully-developed prose: I've got the next scene half-written, and so I'm going to brush that up and either finish it or summarize what I haven't written yet. And then, on with the travelogue style. I'm excited to get you guys (finally) to some stuff that's lived quite vividly in my head for several years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: