Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter IX - Into the Scarlet Monastery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat squirrel

Location: A splendid place with a delightful selection of delectable dishes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old Gods are already bound. If the titans couldn't kill them then Horse whouldn't be able to either. Its not like they're doing anything to anyone at this point. Perhaps he should free them to aid him against Varimathras and the Burning Legion which is obviously who he's still loyal to. Afterall Sargeras is/was a titan so they have cause to hate the legion.

I BEAT ANOREXIA! Very Happy http://images.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ibeatanorexia.jpg
Aroka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat squirrel wrote:
The old Gods are already bound. If the titans couldn't kill them then Horse whouldn't be able to either. Its not like they're doing anything to anyone at this point. Perhaps he should free them to aid him against Varimathras and the Burning Legion which is obviously who he's still loyal to. Afterall Sargeras is/was a titan so they have cause to hate the legion.
Hmm, someone posted on here if there's Law then there must be Chaos. Maybe Chaos could be the Old Gods?
GermanGuestNowComfy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ulkarr wrote:
I just re read the chapter, and this jumped at me.

"Cardinal Rishleau" Is this a reference to something? I know the name but can't remember what from... grrrr. Confused

I thought it to be a reference to Cardinal Richelieu who was minister of Louis XIII, the chief antagonist of D'artagnan and the Musketeers in Dumas' novels and somewhat layed the foundations of french absolutism during the early 17th century. Not sure anyhow.

On a more important matter: NEW STORY!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*dances around happily*

And I'm getting more and more confused about the Law and its ends and means. Shocked
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GermanGuestNowComfy wrote:
I'm getting more and more confused about the Law and its ends and means. Shocked
I believe that's the point. Wink

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG, you're spot on - I needed some names for other cardinals, and the first name that came to mind was Richelieu's. I changed the spelling a bit so it wouldn't be a direct lift and went from there. Richeleau isn't a major character at this point, so don't expect to see a whole lot more of him.

Tellure, good catch regarding Cardinal Doan! Smile I was hoping that would get uncovered, I enjoyed writing it.

Interesting theorizing all around, folks. I think that despite the color of his scales, Tigole (one of the creators of World of Warcraft) would never ally himself with Neltharion's brood (who have done their level best to destroy it several times).

Fat squirrel wrote:
...Varimathras and the Burning Legion which is obviously who he's still loyal to...

I think that if you read Varimathras' story in the Warcraft canon, you'll find that he's actually got quite a rocky history with the Legion...
GermanGuestNowComfy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
GG, you're spot on - I needed some names for other cardinals, and the first name that came to mind was Richelieu's.

Yeah, those where the times: reading "The Three Musketeers" in bed with a flashlight. *sigh*

*is suddenly feeling so oooold* Wink Very Happy

[[amen, brother. -ed]]
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just running around the Scarlet Monastery doing some more research (a mild rewrite to chapter nine is coming, now that I've had the leisure time to actually bring my main in from Outlands and run around in-game), and I went through the library - got to the end and ROCKED Arcanist Doan. Like, he yelled some stuff at me and then I cat-scratch-fevered this guy, who is the like 20th-generation ancestor of a character in my story, until he collapsed down dead, and I couldn't help but think - crap, I totally just screwed up the time-continuum.
Aidinthel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alright, Alb. I killed him, too.

I never nuked anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem.
Amaunator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albatros wrote:
I was just running around the Scarlet Monastery doing some more research (a mild rewrite to chapter nine is coming, now that I've had the leisure time to actually bring my main in from Outlands and run around in-game), and I went through the library - got to the end and ROCKED Arcanist Doan. Like, he yelled some stuff at me and then I cat-scratch-fevered this guy, who is the like 20th-generation ancestor of a character in my story, until he collapsed down dead, and I couldn't help but think - crap, I totally just screwed up the time-continuum.

He could have had a son prior to you killing him Confused. I don't see the confusion...
may drop your heart may heal

feelings of love you love
fluttering hearts you hate
revealing souls you love
breaking spirits you hate that

the sun...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: