Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book Two, Chapter 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amaunator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see curiosity, persistance and strength in running, but not the 'finishing what you started' bit, or at least not separately. I think the last one only applies if the runner eventually comes back, after having done something else first. Or it could also be used literally in a book where you have certain key locations where almost everything happens, the places the runner stops. They don't always have to be the same locations, but they have to be or very specifically different or very abstractly alike to previous locations, I feel. And this is what has happened in the past few chapters already. Certainly with the graveyard thing.
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, (in my oppinion) Horse just can't stand up to the Law. It doesn't really work that way. I mean, the Law is some crazy super-powerful who-knows-what. Even if he tried it, I doubt they'd leave him alone anyways because they've invested so much time into him.
Medros

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Fangtooth left Blizz? I thought he moved to another dept like Caydiem did recently...

Albatross, an excellent story so far, and I am really interested to see where you throw Horse next. Also, I love the connection between the native hero Crazy Horse and your character, at least in name. It shows great dedication to your tale that you are willing to research even that far in depth.

Stutter wrote:
Personally, I enjoy the whole "running away" bit. I think it makes Horse a much more realistic protagonist. It make me see more of myself in Horse; I would want to run away and stay away from most of the stuff that our Equine friend has gotten himself into. If Horse simply "cowboys up" for all of this, think about how boring the story would be. It needs to be hard for him, otherwise it just isn't as meaningful.

Also, I hope we don't see Horse taking Fangs place in the Law. Fangtooth left Blizz, but please don't make that a part of the story by having Fang leave as well. That would be too predictable. (BOOO predicatability)
S.
Exodus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 year anniversary of this thread! Who still thinks Horse won't join the law? Razz

Edit: Also, very odd thing, if you read back to the first page and my first post in this thread, I say that I had expected horse to say, "The world is not enough" when fang said it was a trade between his home or the world. Oddly enough, I expected that again this time and it's kinda freaking me out right now.
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my darndest to fit an homage to that awesome response into the story, but it just couldn't quite fit. Sorry, dude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: