Albatros Bits

Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: I have a question Reply with quote

Why is Katy M a Tauren female trapped in a Tauren male's body?

I mean, I know the real world reason why, but what about in the book's world? What happened to her? How did this happen? And why isn't Horse more curious about this whole gender confusion thing?

Ever since I thought of this question, it's been obsessing me. Albatross, are you ever going to reveal what happened to her?
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real-world reason is essentially the only reason. I'm working on a fairly massive rewrite of Book One in my off-hours (heh) right now, and one of the things that I do is soften the gender issue - she'll just be a large female tauren with a masculine hump, which comes from being seven hundred years old. I'm still gonna call her a bull, because she's massive, and because I have Rhy to offset accusations of masculizing my strong female characters.

I wracked my brains, but I just couldn't come up with a good reason she'd actually be a dude!
Galah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought maybe it was a resurrection incident gone horribly wrong Very Happy
Albatros
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I thought about a whole bunch of stuff in that sort of vein, but none of it really fit with what I wanted to do with the world. So she's just a big, ass-kicking lady bull.

When I started writing the story, I took it a lot less seriously - everything was sort of an allegory for something in the game or on the forums, and so I didn't really need to justify stuff. Once I realized that I was actually having fun telling a story, I got caught up on a lot of stuff, most of which I just went back and deleted, but M's gender thing was too deep in the story by then.
Alec

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it as just one of those things we'll never know...
Onokos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, for a while ... I just thought that she was a he ...
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do." --Edward Everett Hale
Cangjku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an MIA named Yellowsub wrote a novel little outline as to why Katy-M was a she in a he body and it did sort of suggest a reason why she seems so perpetualy sad. Beyond the whole immortal everyone she loves is dead part of how the law works.

My website: www.eaglesoutpost.com
I had fan fiction there, but not for world of warcraft and have taken it down since I am not working on it. I might dedicate a blog to it though.
Saranus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she's sad because she's lonely. Just like the murloc.
Kantankeris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always assumed that she was such a good shape-shifter (being a several-hundred year old druid) that she went around in a male tauren disguise. I had basically assumed it had something to do with gender inequality in Azeroth where it helped her do her job and stay low-profile if she appeared male instead of female.

The male tauren do look more imposing afterall. One does not make a comment about 'udders' for instance.

Dark Iron Server
Slashtrain

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

udderly sublime?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Albatros Bits Forum Index -> The Murloc is Lonely All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: